Game still crashing on Android 9 since August

by adon7823

Original Post

Highlighted

Game still crashing on Android 9 since August

★★ Novice
  1. The game had been crashing on my Android 9 phone since installing it August. I've called for support several times and nothing seems to work. I've installed all updates.
Message 1 of 8 (508 Views)

Re: Game still crashing on Android 9 since August

Community Manager

How does it crash? Does it crash more in certain situations? There's unfortunately not much in the way of in-depth troubleshooting that can be done past the standard mobile steps, but perhaps context for the instability will help. I am of course assuming troubleshooting has been done, can you describe the steps you've taken?

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 8 (482 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@EA_DavidI've talked to EA support on the phone and gone through many different steps but still crashes. It's crashing less than before with each update. It usually crashes during Overdrive matches after the 1-2-3 countdown and after completing an event. I've cleared my cached files and reinstalled several times as well. 

Message 3 of 8 (475 Views)

Community Manager

Does it happen more in certain circumstances, like if it's hot, or if you have been using the phone for a while? 

If you go to Preferences > Visual  > Quality, does it help to turn things down there?

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 4 of 8 (453 Views)

★ Expert
@EA_David I updated my phone on October 14th using android 9. I have definitely noticed an uptick in game crashes. When it crashes it closes all the way out half the time. Sometimes it closes to the log in screen but other times it crashes completely back to my phones home screen.
When this happens in an event I can resume that event. But when it happens in any competitive mode, ie lvl or arena, it forfeits my drive and I lose.
Message 5 of 8 (447 Views)

Community Manager

Do you ever get any rendering failures (invisible players) on that device?

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 6 of 8 (405 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Yes... Some of the players aren't showing correctly.

Message 7 of 8 (385 Views)

★ Expert
@EA_David No. My graphics are fine. Just an unusual amount of game crashes
Message 8 of 8 (378 Views)

Need help? We got you.

Here's how to find your Madden NFL Mobile User ID and get help.

View More