Re: Double kickoff return in H2H

by KaRuhso

Original Post

Double kickoff return in H2H

★★ Apprentice

Silent anger, because I will get banned. Wondering

What is going on with the kickreturns? Ultimate tourney and now in Arena too. I return the kickoff or let it bounce for the touchback and the kickoff pops off again. I choose a play and can‘t even return because the ball goes to the opponent!

So what‘s going on guys.

Message 1 of 9 (733 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Icy silence, what a surprise!

So I guess EA has no clue what‘s going on and how to fix it. And because it only happens once in a while I have to deal with it. Right?

And another bug happens: I win my game but the attempt is gone. How about that? * happens, again?

Message 2 of 9 (656 Views)

Champion
@KaRuhso You're saying that sometimes your drive gets completely lost after the kickoff? Does this happen on every outcome of the kickoff (actual return, fair catch, bounce for touchback)? Does it happen on the same drive each time (1st, 2nd, or 3rd)?

I know the EA teams appreciate videos of issues like this, so if it happens frequently and you could possibly record it on your device that would be appreciated.

“I don’t care if a dude is purple with green breath as long as he can swing.”

Black-Champions-Logo

Message 3 of 9 (641 Views)

★★ Apprentice

In the Ultimate Tourney it was the 3rd drive in two matches in a row.

Normal Arena I don’t know.

Situation was everytime a touchback.

Every once in a while there were situations were you complete a pass and still have to play the same down again.

Message 4 of 9 (635 Views)

Champion
@KaRuhso Okay, thank you for the info. And one more question if you don't mind (because I honestly never have really done much with arena), what is Ultimate Tourney? I think that is the event with the player draft, but I'm not 100% sure.

Just to clarify problems are:

1) Touchback on kickoff causing drive to end (3rd drive?)
2) Sometimes a win consumes an attempt as if it were a loss.
3) Completed passing play would not count, and down would be replayed.

I'll tag a few people about it. Maybe other people are experiencing these issues as well.

@EA_Blueberry @EA_Barry

“I don’t care if a dude is purple with green breath as long as he can swing.”

Black-Champions-Logo

Message 5 of 9 (618 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Ultimate Tourney was the last weekend tourney of Season 1.

Message 6 of 9 (614 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@KaRuhso This has happened to me every once in awhile during the last two season. I just treat it like a penalty. Also occasionally in Arena, the opposing team will onside kick after one of those.
Message 7 of 9 (592 Views)

Community Manager

We'll get this tracked down, thanks for posting it. Seems like it's rare based off reports so it may be more difficult to reproduce on our end. If you're able to provide details like what kickoff return play you used and what happened just prior to the kickoff that can help.

If you're able to record a couple minutes before it happens that could really help us out. Newer phones have built in recording features on them. 

Blueberry.png
Message 8 of 9 (526 Views)

Arena bug

★★★ Newbie

I just played a game in arena and I encountered with two of the most * bugs. First bug was despite scoring a touchdown on 2nd and 9. It didn't count. It just went back to second and 9 again. Then on my last drive. Despite returning the drive for 24 yards. I was forced to kick off again loosing the ball and also drive which cost me the game. This is not happening for the first.  Fix it 

Message 9 of 9 (464 Views)

Need help? We got you.

Here's how to find your Madden NFL Mobile User ID and get help.

View More