Re: Disparity In League Overall Rankings

by JJK124

Original Post

Disparity In League Overall Rankings

★ Novice
So I've played Madden Mobile over the past four seasons. Over that time, I'm embarrassed to say, but I've earned an elite badge. That being said, every year the same players are at the top of the league leaderboard with outrageous overall scores (107, 101, 98, 104: top four player overalls of the #1 team). I can't seem to get above 81 overall. How is that possible? Most of these guys aren't spending any $ on the game, they don't have the badge (of shame). Unless they are hacking the game, which seemed to happen all the time 3-4 years ago, there's no way this is possible.
Message 1 of 6 (338 Views)

★★★ Newbie

You can't get above 81? You must have started a few days ago then... I'm a total noob, but I'm in a good league, and have been every day since day 1. I have an 86 ovr team, with pretty much all elites except my safeties, my right OT, and my special team. Grind the events, play the Long Shot event, open packs, train your players. If you've been playing enough, you're getting elites easy.

Message 2 of 6 (319 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@JJK124

I don't know what you are looking at, but when I look at the league leader boards, I can clearly see that nearly all members have the red or blue/white badges for being the biggest spenders.

In all honesty, in a game that allows you to use real money to buy players, a league will have a very hard if not impossible time getting to the top without spending a ton of money.

Message 3 of 6 (317 Views)

★ Guide

I agree with @Maiyn

Message 4 of 6 (308 Views)

★★ Guide

If you haven't seen the Twitter feeds or online posts about it yet, understand that there is a secondary market for in-game "purchases."  For all four seasons a non-EA site has allowed for the earning/accumulating of a point value referred to as MHC that can be cashed in throughout the season for varying amounts.  Values are high at the beginning of a season and low towards the end.  But just like this forum, they would reward you for posting, helping, betting, picking, etc  Eventually when you arrive at a whole number, there were people willing to take your "1.0 Coin" and buy a Bronze Player from you in-game for 1m coins or whatever the exchange rate was at the time.  So if you were an active poster on that forum, you could accumulate dozens of these MHC and cash them in for coins in-game.  Many have now been banned for that.  Many top leagues went from 32 members to 12 or other low membership because of purchases like these.  That's also why there are caps on card categories now.  Harder to exploit coin farmers when you can only sell a gold card for 100k coins.  Earlier this year there were coins as cheap as $40 for 10m coins or 100m, I can't remember which one.  But consider the time it took you to spend $40 in-game and compare that to just paying some kid $40 for 100m coins and building a beast of a team right away.  EA is trying to figure out how to stifle and eventually stop these processes.  Hence the banning.

Message 5 of 6 (274 Views)

★ Novice
Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it! The question that I posted was more or less rhetorical. I knew there was shady stuff going on, but not to the extent that you explained. My post came after a very frustrating back and forth exchange with EA's "customer service". This was EA's answer to my questions regarding my multiple issues with the game, "go to the forum, they will help you." So essentially they "out source" their dirty work to people that they don't even pay, and have no stake in the company. I don't know if you're on Reddit, but many people are starting to come together and bring to light EA's MANY shady practices! You would figure that a company that's been voted the Worst Company In The World, multiple times, would make some attempt to clean up their image.
Message 6 of 6 (258 Views)

Need help? We got you.

Here's how to find your Madden NFL Mobile User ID and get help.

View More