Re: Clarification needed about boosts and OVR

by MoodyBlues528

Original Post

Clarification needed about boosts and OVR

★★★★ Apprentice

Admins, we're having a debate about what happens when you switch boosts and need some help.  I know that, for instance, if you switch all your boosts from defensive to offensive that it doesn't show up in the Off/Def OVR until you switch a player.  The question is will the new boost setup be active if you don't switch a player or are they only active after you switch a player?  When we look under the "Active Boosts" tab it shows they have switched but there have been people saying that the new boost setup won't activate at all until you make a player switch.

Any help on clarifying this?

@EA_Blueberry 

Message 1 of 8 (651 Views)

Community Manager
@MoodyBlues528

This was an issue reported last month to the team and they fixed it. Once you switch your player it will remove the previous boosts.
Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 8 (645 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Blueberry , so just to make sure I understand what you are saying.  When I switched my boosts from Offense to Defense this morning they are not actually boosting the defense until I switch a player?  Even though they show as active under the "Active Boosts" button?

Sorry to be confused.  Just trying to make sure I understand what you wrote.

Message 3 of 8 (641 Views)

Community Manager
@MoodyBlues528

Are you seeing offense shown as active enough though you switched to Defense?

If you switched to Defense, you should be getting that boost, but switching the player should fix the visual error as far as I'm aware.
Blueberry.png
Message 4 of 8 (632 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Blueberry It shows that the defensive boosts are active under "Active Boosts".  I knew the visual error was there but we were being told that the actual boosts weren't actually working until you switched a player.  So bottom line is the boosts are active as whatever you changed them to but the "visual error" on the OVR just won't register correctly until you switch a player.  It doesn't affect gameplay. Just how the Off/Def OVR reads.  Correct?

Message 5 of 8 (627 Views)

Community Manager
@MoodyBlues528 Correct.
Blueberry.png
Message 6 of 8 (611 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Blueberry   That's why I like talking to you.  lol.  Appreciate it.

Message 7 of 8 (605 Views)

Community Manager
@MoodyBlues528 No problem. It's what we're here for. Standard smile
Blueberry.png
Message 8 of 8 (601 Views)

Need help? We got you.

Here's how to find your Madden NFL Mobile User ID and get help.

View More