Bug - screen goes black when tackled on rushing plays

by DavidBowWowie

Original Post

Madden 21 mobile black screen between plays

★★★★ Novice

A Black screen appears between plays on madden 21 mobile. I'm unable to select a play and keep getting delay of game penalty.

Message 11 of 59 (1,026 Views)

Re: Madden 21 mobile black screen between plays

Community Manager

Hi @bobby1075

What type of device are you playing on? Did you have a chance to try running through the troubleshooting steps that I linked in my earlier post in this thread? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 12 of 59 (993 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Kent Hi, I'm using a Samsung S20 FE. It's a new phone with lots of memory. I've tried the steps you've mentioned earlier but this hasn't resolved it.
Message 13 of 59 (977 Views)

Community Manager

@bobby1075 

Got it, thanks!

Have you tried making any changes to the graphics settings in-game to see if that makes any difference at all? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 14 of 59 (968 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@EA_KentYes, I've tried it on the middle and lowest graphic settings and still get the problem both on offence and defence. Seems to be mainly when a tackle is made. Sometimes the black screen will go after 4 seconds, but sometimes it doesn't go at all. Pressing the back button makes the black screen disappear for a split second but not enough time to press anything.

Message 15 of 59 (961 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the exact same problem with a similar phone. I'd love a fix for that.

Message 16 of 59 (942 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks for giving it a try? 

Does it seem like it's happening with particular game modes, or is it just any time you're playing no matter what? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 17 of 59 (915 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Kent It seems to be all modes where you need to select a play after a down is over.
Message 18 of 59 (903 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @bobby1075

Got it, thanks. Is your Madden NFL 21 Mobile account linked up with a Facebook, Google Play, or Apple ID? If so, can you try uninstalling and reinstalling the game to see if that helps at all? If you're playing on a Guest account, I would not recommend uninstalling the app without linking up the account first so your progress is saved. For more information on how to link the accounts check out the EA Help website

Let me know if you're still running into the same black screens after reinstalling the app. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 19 of 59 (859 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hi EA_Kent,

I'm having the same issue as has been described in this thread.

I use a Galaxy S20 and I've tried the troubleshooting actions you've suggested:

- I reduced my graphics settings to the lowest level

- I uninstalled and reinstalled the app

The only gameplay option where I find that this isn't an issue is in LvL tournaments. In all other games: seasons, arena, challenges involving games (like win the game after halftime, win in the 4th quarter, win in OT, etx...), this issue persists.

Are you guys working on this issue? Is there some kind of setting on my phone that can help fix this problem?

Thanks,

Amir

Message 20 of 59 (815 Views)

Need help? We got you.

Here's how to find your Madden NFL Mobile User ID and get help.

View More