Black screen

by That_isma70

Original Post

Black screen

★ Novice

I need help trying to solve a problem!!! I have a iPhone XR and for some reason when I play overdrive or league tournaments the game will crash and take me to a black screen and I have to exit the app and run it again to

Message 1 of 32 (2,933 Views)

Re: Black screen

Community Manager

Thank you, we are seeing reports of this and if I get an update/ETA i'll let you guys know. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 32 (2,884 Views)

When is EA gonna fix the black screen of doom?

★★★ Apprentice

I’m beyond frustrated with losing blitz tournament attempts due to getting a black screen during match that causes an auto forfeit! Where’s the compensation??

30E168E4-E858-4996-A207-AA904AC221D6.jpeg
Message 3 of 32 (2,901 Views)

Madden Overdrive

★★★ Newbie

All day I try to play after an opponent is selected right before it completely loads the screen goes black and. loses connection.

Message 4 of 32 (2,907 Views)

Re: Madden Overdrive

Community Manager

Thank you for the post, we are aware that some issues are experiencing this. 

It may help to disable any screen recording you have active, but this isn't a 100% confirmed workaround.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 5 of 32 (2,890 Views)

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!

★ Guide

So not only am I playing a OD matchup against a team 800 points stronger than me, but guess what... my tactics don’t work.  No problem.  I am still up by 300 with less than a minute to go and...  I get the black screen of death.  I lose.  I lose 12,700 fans.  I get no points.  

EA do you care, AT ALL???   The season is practically over and the issues are getting worse instead of better.  Enough is freaking enough.  Do something.  

And actually get on here more than once a day at 2am M-F.  Had you been on this weekend, you would have realized that there were no blitz postings during the Pro Bowl.  What an awesome opportunity for players to get some points completely wasted. 

Message 6 of 32 (2,904 Views)

Madden Black Screen

★★ Newbie

I’ve had madden for a couple of years and I’ve linked it to my phone etc. recently who’ll I’ve been playing tournaments the screen would just black out and I wouldn’t be able to use it and I’d have to exit the app and reopen it just to find out I was disconnected from the tournament. It’s a reoccurring issue and I can’t seem to do anything about it. 

Message 7 of 32 (2,882 Views)

Re: Madden Black Screen

Community Manager

@carliito5  Hi, this is a known issue and we are looking into it. When we have an update or ETA on a fix we'll update folks, but I know this is a big source of frustration right now.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 8 of 32 (2,866 Views)

Re: Madden Black Screen

★★ Novice
I am having this same issue, and have for a few weeks now. It only occurs during head to head matches (Overdrive & Blitz tourney).
Message 9 of 32 (2,841 Views)

H2H Screen Blackout and Game Crash

★★ Novice

Again, I continue to lose Overdrive matches because the screen blacks out and then the game crashes. I am a top 50 player on the year and I continue to lose ranking spots because nothing has been done. After reading the comments others have posted it seems like this is a widespread problem. This is completely unacceptable. How many thousands of dollars are spent on this game every day and nothing is done to solve the issue? EA you are ripping off your paying customers and offering them worthless compensation to make up for it. 

Message 10 of 32 (2,862 Views)

Need help? We got you.

Here's how to find your Madden NFL Mobile User ID and get help.

View More