Arena Games are repeating plays. Is anyone else experiencing this?

by lkbroach

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Arena Games are repeating plays. Is anyone else experiencing this?

[ Edited ]
Champion

Arena games are repeating plays I’ve already executed and completed! I completed pass at the 1 yard line and it reset it back to where I was and the same thing happened running for 2 points taking the points away and not scoring on the 2nd attempt!! 

It’s happening frequently and extremely frustrating and just wrong!

I don’t expect EA to do anything (because they won’t) but curious if anyone else is having this problem??

EA_Blueberry: Adjusted post title a bit to help gather more reports. 

Message 1 of 7 (678 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Arena Games are repeating plays. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Community Manager

THis is likely due to a de-sync. 

My best recommendation is to close down all other apps or restart your device prior to launching Madden NFL Mobile. If you're playing on WiFi, rebooting the router (uplug the power to it for 5 minutes) can help refresh the connection so it's at maximum strength. Toggling WiFi off and back on for your device can help clear up any potential connection issues too.

We'll make sure the team is aware of these reports from the community though, thank you for letting us hear it. 

If you all come across any workaround fixes you think helps reduce this from happening to you, sharing it here is always helpful to others. 

Blueberry.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 7 (564 Views)

All Replies

★★ Guide
@lkbroach Yes, this happens all the time
Message 2 of 7 (649 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

This happens to me 8 times out of 10 with arena, especially tournaments.

Not only does it make me repeat plays, with kickoff it often makes me kick off to the opponent for no reason. This counts as a turnover and I lose a drive. Why would the game do this???? 

I think they do it on purpose because 90% of the time it means I lose the match up, therefore I have to buy gems to buy more tickets to play. Typical EA strategy if you ask me. 

Message 3 of 7 (576 Views)

Community Manager

THis is likely due to a de-sync. 

My best recommendation is to close down all other apps or restart your device prior to launching Madden NFL Mobile. If you're playing on WiFi, rebooting the router (uplug the power to it for 5 minutes) can help refresh the connection so it's at maximum strength. Toggling WiFi off and back on for your device can help clear up any potential connection issues too.

We'll make sure the team is aware of these reports from the community though, thank you for letting us hear it. 

If you all come across any workaround fixes you think helps reduce this from happening to you, sharing it here is always helpful to others. 

Blueberry.png
Message 4 of 7 (565 Views)

Champion
@EA_Blueberry Blue you have to admit there are times the EA Server just disconnects and it has nothing to do with our device. But I understand a player should eliminate anything on their end at times too!

I play exclusively on the latest greatest (not so great) iPhone and always on data because on WiFi you can and do lose connection. So, if I’m on data and I lose connection or it desyncs it’s not my phone.
Message 5 of 7 (454 Views)

Community Manager

@lkbroach 

I can't say all disconnections are preventable, there are cases where our servers can be the culprit so I won't deny that. The team is aware of cases where Arena games can be disconnected during certain times of high volume traffic. We'll always monitor that feedback and have the team of engineers digest it for future improvements. I'm surprised you get better coverage on mobile data because WiFi is recommended for connectivity in our games. Do you have a gaming router or only the one supplied by the ISP? All results can vary depending on where everyone is located in the world, but generally most cases I've seen when a person upgraded their router to handle faster bandwidth they started seeing a fall off in disconnections. 

Blueberry.png
Message 6 of 7 (435 Views)

Champion
@EA_Blueberry I have the latest greatest Netgear Router but it’s still terrible! Even getting emails to come through, at times, is difficult!
I’m quasi retired so I’m usually home 10 feet from the Router and sit in the same location daily.

Most of the Arena disconnects happen during the NFL regular season and during Madden Live Games in Madden Today. Then I know it’s high demand causing the disconnects.

I’m just pointing out EA needs to take some responsibility and isn’t always a user’s device or settings.

Since I have you I do have a complaint that’s been posted multiple times by me and others!
That is when your opponent forfeits during an Arena game. As it stands now, all you get is 5 points for the win. We should at least get the points we scored when they forfeited and if they can’t make that happen we should get 24 points as if we won all 3 games or at least 16 points assuming you can’t forfeit during the 3rd game.

Basically we should get more than 5 points and maybe instead of deducting 5 points for losing you give them -24 points to discourage forfeits! Works for me! Lol

Message 7 of 7 (429 Views)

Need help? We got you.

Here's how to find your Madden NFL Mobile User ID and get help.

View More