Re: App keeps crashing after odd overdrive match (EA support proposed to raise h

by thegatorfan122

Original Post

App keeps crashing after odd overdrive match (EA support proposed to raise here)

★★★★ Novice

First of all, I chated with EA support twice (the second time after doing all the troubleshooting advice I got in the first place, that didn't help) and they ask me to bring the issue to the attention of the community manager here. I am really frustrated right now and loosing so much progress on the X factor promo (was en route for a second master, that might have become impossible due to the downtime of my app).

No comes the error description:

I played an overdrive match and my opponent managed to score impossible 20k+ points in the first seconds (see screenshot, my team is the 49ers). I kept playing and the apped crashed eventually before the end of the match. It keeps crashing at every launch. Interestingly, after reinstalling the game, I manage to get to the home screen each time and can even click through the daily message screen. However, as soon as I close this window or trying to proceed to some other section of the game, it crashes. I think the issue is related to the odd overdrive match explained in the way that the app crashes while trying to show the game result. EA please help quickly!!!

IMG_3333.png
Message 1 of 16 (835 Views)

Re: App keeps crashing after odd overdrive match (EA support proposed to raise h

★★★★ Novice

Update: Created a guest account and could login/play without any issues. In my view, another indication that the described crash with regular account is not device-related but rather connected with my user profile. I really believe it is linked to that strange overdrive match and subsequently any solution needs involvment of EA. 

EA, please please help me at your earliest convenience, can't wait to get back to the game!!!!

Message 2 of 16 (800 Views)

★ Expert
@GFXLambda Wow man... That's completely insane. @EA_David @EA_Barry @EA_Blueberry please help this guy.
Message 3 of 16 (779 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Message 4 of 16 (761 Views)

★ Expert
@GFXLambda Bro, if I were you I would look in your OD history and look up that user that did that and report him to EA. It could have been a app glitch but that needs to be investigated.
These a holes that are using hacks and bots need to be shut down. They ruin the game for everyone.
Message 5 of 16 (727 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

As the current #1 guy on leaderboards... I've been accused of cheating myself.. But as I told gator.. My average score is any where between 1300-1700 in ranked played. That's just the average. Sometimes I'll be sub- 1000, three times I've scored over 2000 (usually because I had a huge lead and didn't negate the other persons point bonus to make the OD pack obtainable sooner) 

Shoot me a pm if you can get the other guys username somehow. We will end him.

Message 6 of 16 (718 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@thegatorfan122 @saliententr0py Thank you for your posts and advice, as well as putting attention on my case. I am happy to pm you the information on my opponent as soon as I can access the game again. All I remember is that he was 82 OVR and I had +3 OVR from my 1,600 something power ranking. And his team are the Patriots as you can also see from the screenshot. Don't remember his name unfortunately.

To give you an update: I continue to try logging in (from time to time also doing an reinstall of the app), but the crashing situation hasn't changed. Hope that EA can take a look after the weekend. I am loosing so much progress every day and my league mates have to fill my gap, since I am an admin for a league.

I'll keep you informed on any progress.

Message 7 of 16 (691 Views)

★ Expert
@GFXLambda That's terrible. Something like this should have been made a priority by the help team instead of just passing you off to this forum.
I truly hope they fix your account asap.
Message 8 of 16 (678 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@thegatorfan122 Thank you man! Yeah, was little bit suprised that the support team could only suggest me to make a post on this forum. Anyway, hope I will be helped soon, otherwise this season is pretty much over before it really started. Have still little bit of hope that today's reset of the overdrive season could help solving the problem... But then there is still the missed out progress....

Message 9 of 16 (649 Views)

★ Expert
@GFXLambda Fingers crossed 🤞 brother. I know your commish is fighting hard for you in other places. Not being able to get your UID is making it tough.
Message 10 of 16 (636 Views)

Need help? We got you.

Here's how to find your Madden NFL Mobile User ID and get help.

View More