Android: Overdrive Can't Link to Google Play

by facemask74

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Android: Overdrive Can't Link to Google Play

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

In Madden Overdrive, my kid is logged in on a guest account. I go to Settings > Link Accounts

The "Device" link option has a button but it is greyed out and says "Locked". How do I link his account to his Google Play ID so he can play on a different device?

Screenshot_20180819-150730.png
Message 1 of 11 (2,776 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Android: Overdrive Can't Link to Google Play

Community Manager (retired)

@facemask74

Hi there,

Thanks for getting back in contact.
Upon start up of the "new user" it will ask for your age with the slider. If the age entered falls under the minimum age requirements you will only be able to play on that account as a guest.
If your son was playing with a google account on the previous Madden Mobile title, all you will need to do is log out of this guest account and choose existing user.
The "locked" option will only appear on underage accounts.

https://help.ea.com/en-in/help/mobile/can-my-lost-progress-be-restored-for-a-mobile-app-if-i-play-an...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a post Answers your question please click on Accept as Solution.
Thank players and help them 'Level Up' by giving them XP.
Thank you for sharing your gaming expertise with your fellow players!

View in thread

Message 8 of 11 (2,793 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)
The options to link to facebook and game center/google play should be there. Try re-starting the game.
Message 2 of 11 (2,744 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Yeah, I've tried the ol' Windows hack of restarting. I've killed the app and even restarted the device, but I just get a greyed out "LOCKED" button. Can anyone help?

Message 3 of 11 (2,739 Views)

@facemask74

Hello there,
Sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue with Our game.
Certain limitations such as this one will appear in game when the Google account of the user is registered to an underage account.
This means that your Son will be unable to link his Google Play or other Social Media accounts to the game as per Online Child Protection Policies.

EA Privacy Policy - 

https://www.ea.com/legal/privacy-policy

https://www.ea.com/legal

Google Play and Your Child's Google Account -

"Play games: 

Children under 13 or the applicable age in your country can't sign in to the Play Games app with their Google Account."

https://support.google.com/families/answer/7106960?hl=en

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 4 of 11 (2,713 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Can I get help viewing the help page you linked me to? :facepalm:

image.png
Message 5 of 11 (2,706 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Ok, I stripped out the bad link url and went straight to the Google support site. I verified this is NOT the issue. They are old enough, but the real proof is that they have been using their account for Madden and other games without issue. Can someone please take a look at this?

Also, just for fun...let's say my kid WAS under 13. How does MY device know about my kid or who I want to link to? That doesn't make sense. It should still give me the option to link. How does it know anything about the account I MIGHT link to? I would still expect to see a link option and then when I TRY to link, maybe then I would see some kind of error about the child account.

I still need help on why the link option is LOCKED on my device. What if I wanted to link to my own account?
Message 6 of 11 (2,704 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@AHQ_John - any idea what the deal is or who i can talk to for help?

Message 7 of 11 (2,659 Views)

@facemask74

Hi there,

Thanks for getting back in contact.
Upon start up of the "new user" it will ask for your age with the slider. If the age entered falls under the minimum age requirements you will only be able to play on that account as a guest.
If your son was playing with a google account on the previous Madden Mobile title, all you will need to do is log out of this guest account and choose existing user.
The "locked" option will only appear on underage accounts.

https://help.ea.com/en-in/help/mobile/can-my-lost-progress-be-restored-for-a-mobile-app-if-i-play-an...

Message 8 of 11 (2,794 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thanks! That explains it. Not sure what he set it, too. Can that be changed afterwards?

Message 9 of 11 (2,620 Views)

★★★ Novice

I got a google phone and the only option I have is guest theres no FB or google play account options like my old S7

Message 10 of 11 (1,123 Views)

Need help? We got you.

Here's how to find your Madden NFL Mobile User ID and get help.

View More