[PS5] not able to log in: "Please reset your password" loop

by jjonesball6

Original Post

Re: [PS5] not able to log in: "Please reset your password" loop

★ Novice

Have you solved this? I have the same problem.

Message 11 of 23 (8,079 Views)

★★ Novice

Not yet. Frown

I talked many-many times with the EA support (chat and e-mail) but even though I still play online with every other games with my PSN account, they claim that they can't find my PSN account and make sure that is this ID exist. I cannot do more thing to 'make sure'....

I have an EA account, and I have a PSN account, and they can't connetc these two somehow...

I am an esport gamer who paid 400 $ for the PS5, and I paid 60 $ for the Fifa 22. And they say that I can't play the game online because of an EA error? It's a nonsense...

Message 12 of 23 (8,071 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have exactly the same issue. Tried power cycling everything but loop is still there.

Message 13 of 23 (8,037 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@birtatibor 

Did your recently change the name of your PSN ID? I know in the past our staff was able to pull up the PSN ID you had before it was changed. It's difficult for us to be able to troubleshoot this on the forums because it will involve us discussing account details. We can only advise to reach out to our Support teams via these options below so they can first verify account ownership prior to assist you in making any changes such as your password.

EA Help on Twitter

https://twitter.com/EAHelp

Live-Support

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/using-ea-help/

Blueberry.png
Message 14 of 23 (7,929 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I lost out bf2042 beta cause it says email was sent to rest password but there was no email...no I bought the game bf2042 and I still can't play it....it says the same thing 

Message 15 of 23 (7,812 Views)

★ Novice

The same thing is happening to me on PS5 I have an existing EA account that I use on Xbox and Steam also and it won’t let me connect it to my PS5 I keep getting the reset my password also anyways good luck I hope you’re able to get it fixed and I hope I am also

Message 16 of 23 (7,120 Views)

Community Manager

@RocketCat525 

It's possible you are logging into the incorrect account. Players will reset the password for their account not knowing they're resetting it for the incorrect account. 

Visit profile.ea.com and under Connections check to see if your PSN ID is there. If it's not, you have it linked to a different EA account you need to recover through our Support team if you are unsure what the email is you used for it.

Account Recovery:

https://help.ea.com/en/help/account/im-locked-out-of-my-ea-account/

Blueberry.png
Message 17 of 23 (7,079 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Power cycle does not fix this issue.

(NFS HEAT)

Message 18 of 23 (5,499 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Guys just to say that this * loop does not stop, i spent so much * money on ps5 and on this Ea games and cannot play em cuz of ea failure... I reseted my passwrod now i cant have my original password. Ea sucks + they can't even solve they're * problems when it's obviously happening to everyone. They say our PSN ID's do not exist but they said to everyone who has this loop. They are stealing to ps5 players cuz ppl buy from them. They cant admit they're * problem and say its cuz of PSN. This is happening in every * EA game that was availiable on ps4 aswell.

Playing on ps5 FIFA22 NFS Heat Madden and some others. You got the message. EA solve you're * problem i spent +130€ on ur * games.

Message 19 of 23 (3,974 Views)

★★★ Newbie

EA customer service is a joke and this is happening to hundreds of people. Cant even play there 80 dollar games bc of their own fault I smell a class action lawsuit. Heres a clue do your country a favor EA and dont outsource to pakistan where they barely speak english and their name is suzie. Useless help

Message 20 of 23 (3,256 Views)