Madden 22 Freezing Error (Steam-PC)

by APB_114

Original Post

Re: Madden 22 Freezing Error (Steam-PC)

★★★ Apprentice

Tried windowed mode. Froze loading into a game.
Have seem CPU engaged during the crash, i took this snip after waiting for 1 minute... 

crash.JPG

Message 31 of 34 (380 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

OK, so in ~/Documents\Madden NFL 22\CrashDumps there is a whole ton of files here.

Here are just 3, most seem to point to some pointer exceptions or something?

...And of course I can't attach .zips or .7z files...

Message 32 of 34 (371 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

OK so after a LOT of experimentation, I seem to have better luck if I DO NOT TOUCH THE A button after a play, and wait for either a replay video, or the playbook to show on it's own. The crashing on load is just 80:20 whether it crashes or not, nothing we can do about that one. Also if a play card comes up after a play it's worth waiting for that to go away on it's own before pressing A. Yes, if the clock's running it's a bit annoying, but not as annoying as the game freezing half way through the 4th Q because you spammed the A button after a PAT or something.

Message 33 of 34 (316 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I had the patience of a saint and didn't press any buttons. But still, freezes. "And he's gonna take it in, touchdown Pack-" and a freeze of my player celebrating 8s before half time.

Honestly, please any ideas at this stage would be gratefully received. Took months to get a game that actually boots, and now it's unplayable anyway.

Message 34 of 34 (301 Views)