Madden 22 Freezing Error (Steam-PC)

by APB_114

Original Post

Re: Madden 22 Freezing Error (Steam-PC)

★★★ Newbie

Hey there, I am in the exact situation as you are. I have 4 hours in game now and literally only about 20 minutes out of those 4 hours were me playing the game. None of the steps above helped me and I really regret spending money on something I cannot use lmao. 

Was wondering if you managed to find a fix for this?

Message 21 of 34 (1,609 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I'm having the same problem on origin/EA Play, the game freezes at random times.
The computer has all the minimum and recommended requirements, Madden 21 runs at maximum resolution and performance, but Madden 22 freezes all the time.
All drivers are in their latest version, I have already reinstalled the game and the problem persists.
Big frustration.

Message 22 of 34 (1,522 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hy guys, I am having the same problem with the Madden NFL 22 version in EA Play/Steam. The game crashes all the time while loading a new game. I've tried all those things mentioned here but the problem persists. 6 months after the launch and EA don't give us a single update to fix this? 

Message 23 of 34 (1,510 Views)

★★★ Novice

apparently no one cares about this problem.

Message 24 of 34 (1,456 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i tried everything looked up everywhere for a fix i cant find anything its either the game is poorly designed or something wrong they need to update this game asap to fix this freezing issue i cant play any game mode without this game crashing and freezing during loading screen or even freezing sometimes during matches 

Message 25 of 34 (1,304 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Its so god damn sad how madden 21 works completely fine without freezing. But this game which nothing on the new gen was added it and its the same engine has this issue and they refuse to fix it. They keep asking for "Dx logs" and asking if u updated but they know its not going to work. How do they expect anyone to buy 23 when half a year in they refuse to fix this one. 

Message 26 of 34 (1,208 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Recently been able to launch the game, and managed to get fewer freezes running as Admininstrator. Still get freezes though, even with in game overlay on EA App and Steam turned off. 

WhoCrashed reports 

Program.sys (gameoverlayrenderer64!OverlayHookD3D3+0x229F5)
Message 27 of 34 (410 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Sometimes I can play for 30 mins+, but mostly it just freezes either in game, or loading into one. Administrator helped a little, but game is pretty unplayable. Here is a dxdiag.

Message 28 of 34 (394 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Using -force -dx11 I was able to play 3 whole games in FotF before a freeze, so this appears to be slightly better, but doesn't resolve this issue.

Message 29 of 34 (380 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

To confirm, i've been trying the Challenges on Ultimate Team, but the first challenge track has a full game at the end of each chapter.

After about 10 attempts, I have managed to complete 4 games. Freezes are seemingly random in game i.e. before choosing a play, or during a review or after kicking a PAT or something.

Sometimes Madden freezes loading into a game...very frustrating.

Message 30 of 34 (343 Views)