Re: Is it intended that H2H losses do not provide any XP anymore?

by Neo_Novalis

Original Post

XP

★★ Newbie

Why do stats not count towards XP in H2H? Getting minimal XP for a win and nothing at all with a loss is a tough outcome

Message 11 of 29 (795 Views)

@Drizzt9922 I'm very sorry that you did not receive an official response yet. I'll have a look whether I could get in touch with a community manager to look at your post.

regarding your assessment: from my perspective, I do not like this decision either (i.e. that there are no rewards anymore). I think it is a bad solution to tackle exploits and cheaters if all players are negatively affected. And yes, the H2H games I played so far are even shorter than last year (where only about 2-3 out of 10 games lasted longer than the 1st quarter)... Frown

Just one explanation that pops up my mind: at the moment, the community managers are quite busy because after the launch of the game there are a lot of pressing issues to be handled (i.e. technical issues and bugs that prohibit players from playing the game at all). Usually the community managers do all they can to answer questions and provide help here in the forums.

____________________________________________________________________________________
        Positive Play - Feel the emotions, but be aware what they are telling you!
Joy: you like it! Anger: you don't like it! Frustration: you don't like it but cannot do
     anything against it! Aggression: you don't like it and want to break something.
____________________________________________________________________________________
                   Tell everybody (@joy), give constructive feedback (@anger),
                    ask for help (frustration), and have a break (@aggression)!
                     I try to help out other players, but I'm not an EA employee

Message 12 of 29 (888 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Thanks for your response.

They have modified this, so you receive 100xp for playing each quarter, but even that doesn't work, with you receiving less XP if you play a game through overtime, and often not being credited for quarters of gameplay that were completed.

Overall, being ignored just proves to me that EA made this choice intentionally, along with lessening rewards across the board, to try and gouge players for every cent possible. It's predatory, shameful, and outright disrespectful.

Props to you Neo Novalis, for being a volunteer who works so diligently to help others who like playing NFL football games. If only EA gave 1% of the effort you show on this forum.

Message 13 of 29 (869 Views)

Community Manager (retired)
@Drizzt9922 Hello there, thanks for reaching out to our teams on your inquiry. Please understand that sometimes you may not get an immediate response because 1) we are investigating the issue or player feedback with our studio or 2) we are actually working with our studio to share player feedback to see if something new can be implemented.

For this particular concern you have voiced, we noticed this feedback from players and we have been working with our Live Service Team to see if we can make adjustments to how XP worked when playing online H2H. Originally, if you lost, you did not get any XP. Last week, we shared with our players on Good Morning Madden over on Twitch that there was a change based on player feedback that XP has been added to online H2H games even if you lose a game.

The way that XP works now is that if you win the game you are guaranteed 500XP for the win. Every quarter you play now whether win or lose, you get 100XP per a quarter.

If you win the game and play every quarter, you would receive a total of 900 XP. This information should now be reflected in the summary screen as this was also another thing we worked with the studio to get implemented in game as that was not available at launch.

Again, I know we all want immediate responses, but sometimes we just need to work through the process to ensure that we get the proper answers here. Thanks for your patience.

I understand that you may think that myself and others spent maybe 1% of our time trying to get these changes done for our players, but please understand, I have spent a lot of hours of my time to work with the appropriate teams to see if we can get these changes in for our players.

Have a great day!

K

Message 14 of 29 (825 Views)

★★ Apprentice

They hate us for buying their game. They want to make this as painful as possible,

Message 15 of 29 (818 Views)

Community Manager

@dabirdman23 wrote:

They hate us for buying their game. They want to make this as painful as possible,

@Drizzt9922 

I wasn't able to catch your post when it originally came out as I was chasing down some bugs for the team and recently just came back from time off. If an urgent issue comes up please feel free to tag me if you don't get a response within 72 hours. We also moderate and send reports to the studios for our other titles too like NHL, UFC, and NBA LIVE. So I do apologize we weren't able to get out to you all earlier regarding this question. It was a combination of being out and other priorities I had to chase down. 

@dabirdman23 

I don't know about not getting XP being painful. From a personal level, I hate when players leave games halfway through when I'm up 17-0. Should they get the extra XP after quitting? In my opinion, no. Maybe this will be an incentive for players to stick around in games.

Blueberry.png
Message 16 of 29 (804 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@EA_Blueberry 

do you really think that its great to be behind 0:17 at halftime in games against godsquads, cheesers or simply better player and be forced by @EA to finish the game just for a few xp´s or possibly get banned for quitting a not winnable game??

mostly after those games there is popping up these opininion poll: "do you had fun in the previous game"? REALLY??? You dont want to know the missing 4th answer that i would like to give...

Message 17 of 29 (791 Views)

Community Manager
@satfreaktom264

Honestly? I think so. I have came back behind 24-0 going into the half. You score when you get the ball, shut them down, score again, get a pick for an INT.

If you quit and lose the XP for the second half you could make that up by winning the next game because you're still saving time by leaving, so I see it balancing out in the long run.
Blueberry.png
Message 18 of 29 (772 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Blueberry @EA_KRAELO

I'm under no illusion that you will read this, but I might as well have my say.

These responses show that you barely read my posts. I didn't ask for an "immediate response", I was looking for something earlier than 3 weeks, which I don't think is unreasonable, given you both responded to other posts on this forum which were posted after mine.

You then went on to totally ignore my stated reasons why the new XP system is untenable and unenjoyable, and totally happened to ignore that previous years had better systems that have been scrapped for ????? reason?

What material purpose was there to drop the possible coin rewards from 350,000 max to 25,000, aside from punishing people who play this game?

Across the board the game is less rewarding, but costs more time and money to play.

If you truly spend more than 1% of your time on this, no offense, but y'all should be fired. If I did my job poorly, releasing a premium project littered with exploits and bugs, then next year came back to charge people MORE for a product with all the same bugs and exploits AND actively made the experience more punishing and less rewarding, I would definitely be fired.

I foolishly came back to this game this year hoping next gen would be better this time around. I played myself, and your scumbag company's incredible greed has finally put me off.

Message 19 of 29 (761 Views)

@EA_Blueberry if that would be feasible, I'd agree that achieving a successful comeback would be a very nice experience. But since I play Madden beginning in Madden 19, I've never seen that in MUT myself.

In MUT H2H, I'd estimate that 1 out of 10 matches might result in a fair and fun matchup. The remainder of games is either unfair (to your own advantage or disadvantage either in terms of lineup strength or player skills; if it is to my disadvantage then it is because my opponent makes use of those plays which are unbeatable if you do not have the players to do so, e.g. a WR who has a chance to beat his DB at the line of scrimmage, is at least as fast as his DB and his DB does not react quicker on cuts than he himself...) or is decided by some kind of bugs (or very unlucky, unpredictable, weird outcome of a play) or connectivity (lags for one of the players rendering successful contested catches, correct timing for passes etc. impossible; in my case it is most often me).

Unfortunately, the incentives for trying to complete a H2H game are not really great.

Positive Play - Feel the emotions, but be aware what they are telling you!
Joy: you like it! Anger: you don't like it! Frustration: you don't like it but cannot do
     anything against it! Aggression: you don't like it and want to break something.
                   Tell everybody (@joy), give constructive feedback (@anger),
                    ask for help (frustration), and have a break (@aggression)!
                     I try to help out other players, but I'm not an EA employee

Message 20 of 29 (756 Views)