how to unlock challenge calling madden 20

by bcongero2

Original Post

Re: how to unlock challenge calling madden 20

★★★★ Novice

Its like madden does so many updates & upgrade to each madden but i guess challenges will never be one of them smh

Message 31 of 43 (1,058 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Exaaaaaaactly.. i hate when you ask a question and you never get a straight answer. Or no answer at all, instead you get these paragraphs of everything other than what we asked of smh...

Message 32 of 43 (1,052 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It only works offline. In exhibition or franchise modes.

Message 33 of 43 (1,051 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Did you read the question. Cause the people that really want to know is why arent we able to challenge any call period. We cant challenge at all.

Message 34 of 43 (1,050 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@BoolahBoolah1123 Ive been able to challenge offline in exhibition & franchise mode. Never online i try everyday hoping they made that atleast 1 of the 1,000 updates that they regularly do bjt i guess thats not a priority.. if its not on madden 21 i promise im returning the game..
Message 35 of 43 (1,034 Views)

Community Manager

@EA_Blueberry wrote:

Do you all want the computer to intentionally make bad calls? I know it can add a more realism to the game to simulate real life, but I personally don't know how I would feel if the computer intentionally gave someone a 1st down and I was out of challenges. Some players might consider that a bug since the game didn't perform "as it should have" which resulted in a loss for that game. I guess you could ask yourself whether the frustration that could come out of it that you would experience from games is worth it.

Right now, there situations where a player catches a TD in the end zone but their foot was out of bounds. So naturally, you want to challenge that because you think it's not a touchdown. This is actually a touchdown and the issue is that the animation for the player didn't exactly align up where it should have.

@TCHAAAAN 

Part of my answer was here. Last time I checked challenges for online play are disabled to ensure fairness. Losing a game to an uncontrollable event that's essentially designed to script itself in making your player go out of bounds might not lead to the best experiences in the long run. 

Blueberry.png
Message 36 of 43 (932 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@bcongero2 How can I unlock featur like instant replay
Message 37 of 43 (879 Views)

Community Manager
@marquis8153 That feature is available in offline modes.
Blueberry.png
Message 38 of 43 (842 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Here is one clip that I have experienced.  This play was fourth and goal with more than ten minutes left in the first quarter.  The runner may or may not have crossed the goal line, but it was debatable and should have been able to be challenged.  There was also another instance in a game where Calvin Ridley stepped out of bounds two seconds before catching the ball, making him ineligible to be the first player to touch the ball, and should have resulted in an illegal touching penalty when he caught the ball. However, he caught the ball, and ran for a first down.  This is not debatable.  On both of these plays, I received a locked challenge with the message, “There is nothing to challenge.”  Neither play was inside of two minutes.  The instant replay is obviously broken.  

Ahh, it won’t let me upload the files from my iphone.  It says unsupported extension type.

Message 39 of 43 (588 Views)

Community Manager
@DarkKnight7221 Thank you for sharing this experience. Will be passing along this type of feedback to the team for the devs to discuss for Madden NFL 22. Much appreciated!
Blueberry.png
Message 40 of 43 (469 Views)