how do you play coop with 2 players on the same team online vs the computer.

by archiemedies

Original Post

Accepted Solution

how do you play coop with 2 players on the same team online vs the computer.

★★★ Newbie

How can we play this game type.  We have always played madden 25 and you are able to play online on the same team against other players or the computer with roster teams.  Usually against the computer because their are not many players online playing in that mode.  We have played Madden 20 in ultimate team but always get paired with other players that have expert and ranked up teams and players and get slaughtered cause our team cant do anything against theirs.  Just want to play an exhibition game with 2 people on the same team online against the computer team with standard rosters.  If madden 20 does not have this game type, what is the next year that does besides madden 25.    

Message 1 of 8 (79,950 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: how do you play coop with 2 players on the same team online vs the computer.

Community Manager
@archiemedies Madden 20 does not feature this. You're only able to play with a friend in MUT Squads 3v3 online or Superstar KO mode. You can't play on the same team online with standard teams.
Blueberry.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (79,910 Views)

All Replies

Re: how do you play coop with 2 players on the same team online vs the computer.

Community Manager
@archiemedies Madden 20 does not feature this. You're only able to play with a friend in MUT Squads 3v3 online or Superstar KO mode. You can't play on the same team online with standard teams.
Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 8 (79,911 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

We understand that it’s not an option. But the real question is why? How is this not in the game ? We can play 4 players online in same online league on different teams but can’t be all on the same team? That makes no sense. People have been asking for this for years why are you guys not allowing it? This needs to be fix. Please add it to madden 21. You PAYING customers want it

Message 3 of 8 (79,389 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Will never happen ..madden don’t care about the people who play because they make millions with stupid power ups .. madden is only game that does not fully advance over time cause people will keep buying and keep sealing there parents credit card .. I have been wanting a ranking online in mut to make it fun but it’s not even fun when ur team is only 84 overall and u play against a player who has out 3-500 real money and they have like 93 overall 

Message 4 of 8 (68,028 Views)

Community Manager

@Korn8181 wrote:

We understand that it’s not an option. But the real question is why? How is this not in the game ? We can play 4 players online in same online league on different teams but can’t be all on the same team? That makes no sense. People have been asking for this for years why are you guys not allowing it? This needs to be fix. Please add it to madden 21. You PAYING customers want it

No doubt it would be a great addition to the game for those that want to play it. In general, there are thousands of great ideas the development team goes over on what will make the game even better year after year, so because it's not added doesn't mean they don't want it in the game. It could have been a feature they omitted for a different one on a higher priority list. I guess your next question could be, what makes something at a higher priority?

I can't go into the full blown specifics because I'm not part of the game design team, nor can I really speak on their behalf for the decision making. I can say though that for FIFA, they removed tournaments a while back because there simply wasn't a lot of players playing that mode, so they decided to exercise their time into other features. A lot of players requested they wanted it put back into the game, but statistically it was hardly used. I'm not sure what the level of difficulty this request is, however there are also hundreds of other "simple fixes" players are demanding to be at the top of their wish list too. There is an option to play with friends in MUT Squads and The Yard, so maybe it will become a feature for Franchise in the future and they weren't able to integrate it in time.

What I recommend doing in the meantime though is making sure your voice is heard. Submit this request in Madden Voice when it goes live to raise community awareness on it. I've seen this mentioned before, but we haven't had a lot of threads on it nor a thread that really took off with a discussion on it. 

As always, we appreciate you coming to the forums to drop us ideas on what you want to make the game more fun. That's what it's really all about here.

Good luck on the field!

Blueberry.png
Message 5 of 8 (67,609 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

All I’m saying is it takes no effort to add this. You don’t have to change the game to add this feature. We already can play online leagues. Simply just make it so we can be on the same team in online leagues. Not MUT. Not the yard. Online franchise multiple players on same team. Generation in their 30s is biggest part of

your game. We need online to be able to play this game with our friends. Can’t couch madden like high school days. Just tell the higher up to just add it, it will not be taking away from anything it’s a simple add. 

Message 6 of 8 (67,487 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Checking back in if this mode will be available for madden 23. Co op online franchise on same team from different consoles. Absolute must need for game as our generation can’t couch madden as much we are in our 30s now. It’s been posted all over these pages for years and still have not gotten it. So frustrating we aren’t heard as paying customers since day 1. We just want to play madden with our friends online like every other game allows except ea sports games. Not mut, not ultimate. I don’t wanna play kids that just run same play everytime. Can we please, I beg you please add this feature finally back into the game 

Message 7 of 8 (30,115 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Fifa has it.

Message 8 of 8 (28,723 Views)