XBOX: Incorrect Ban and No Response from EA

by penguinsock

Original Post

Accepted Solution

XBOX: Incorrect Ban and No Response from EA

★ Novice

Hi everyone,

TLDR; I got a ban 3 weeks ago, but I never cheated. I contacted EA support multiple times because I know it was a mistake and never got an email back(22 days). Today my case got marked closed, still no response. I need help or advice, has anyone dealt with this? 

In Detail:

3 weeks ago I got an email that my account would be PERMANENTLY auction house banned. I’ve never gotten in trouble for anything before, or gotten a warning so I don’t understand how it could be so severe.

They claimed that I used a bot/external tool to cheat, which I never have used. I’ve never traded coins, bought coins, or sold coins. I’ve only used the Xbox and iPhone auction house to buy players. Occasionally, I’ll snipe a player for slightly below market value. (Dante Hall for 60k, RG3 for 780k) I’m almost positive refreshing the auction house fast manually and buying players is not against TOS.

Following the steps on the website to appeal this decision lead me to a contact page that promised a response in 72 hours. 3 weeks, 5 contacts with EA Help Twitter later, I’ve still yet to get an email response. On top of that, my case keeps getting marked “resolved” randomly. When I talk to the Twitter support they say it was an accident and they’ll make a note on the case. Today I checked the case and now it’s marked closed. Still! I haven’t gotten an email back and my account is locked for something I didn’t do.

I paid good money for the game and packs and most importantly have spent 100s of hours playing. It hurts that I can’t get the last upgrades of my team at the end because EA algorithms made a mistake. I don’t know where else to look for support. Please can anybody offer advice or help?! 

Thank you all in advance.

Message 1 of 3 (543 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: XBOX: Incorrect Ban and No Response from EA

Community Manager

Hello, @penguinsock.

I'm very sorry for the lack of a response on this. I see your case is still awaiting investigation. You can always contact an advisor to get an update. Don't resume your existing case though as that can pull it out of the queue and delay a response. If you want to try to get some more information, please contact @EAHelp through Twitter or open a case with a live support advisor here: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/. You can also go to facebook.com/eahelphub to get in touch with support. They'll look into this for you. Thanks!

Aljo.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (489 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hello, @penguinsock.

I'm very sorry for the lack of a response on this. I see your case is still awaiting investigation. You can always contact an advisor to get an update. Don't resume your existing case though as that can pull it out of the queue and delay a response. If you want to try to get some more information, please contact @EAHelp through Twitter or open a case with a live support advisor here: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/. You can also go to facebook.com/eahelphub to get in touch with support. They'll look into this for you. Thanks!

Aljo.png
Message 2 of 3 (490 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have been waiting for a few weeks now myself.  I logged on after 3 months to play with my cousin, the only time I ever play this, and got the banned message.  Its obvious I don't use cheats I'm not great at the game as they could tell looking at my stats.  Literally only play this game with my cousin outside of a few games with Randoms to practice a little to get used to it.

Hope it got worked out for you!

Message 3 of 3 (353 Views)