Re: EA login verification, wrong email

by MADMAXO642

Original Post

★★ Novice

Having the same issue. Is it possible account's got corrupted because I find it hard to believe this many people and forums exist and don't know their own info.

Message 31 of 42 (1,648 Views)

Community Manager

@MADMAXO642 

If you are unable to log in due to an email you do not have access to, our Support team will need to assist you with account recovery.

Please select this link below to get started with our account recovery process. Once our team can verify you are the true owner of the account, they can help assist you in updating the email address on the account.

Account Recovery

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/im-locked-out-of-my-ea-account/

Blueberry.png
Message 32 of 42 (1,637 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm currently already attempting the recovery process but EA does not have an efficient recovery system sense it asks for info that the account may not have and customer support will not allow me to speak to a supervisor. 

Message 33 of 42 (1,630 Views)

Re: Unable to log into EA Account with email I don't know

★★★ Newbie

you are resetting your password to the wrong email account.  If you tried gmail try hotmail or vice versa.

Message 34 of 42 (634 Views)

Re: Unable to log into EA Account

★★★ Newbie

u r resetting the password with the wrong email account.  if you tried gmail then tyr hotmail or vice versa.

Message 35 of 42 (634 Views)

Re: Unable to log into EA Account

★★★ Newbie

i've clicked on that same link on 1000 different websites and it's the same link every time it doesn't help at all. I don't know why it says live customer support because The Word Alive implies that you're actually communicating with somebody but it only gives you the option to search up what game you're trying to log into which is already dumb because why does it matter which game I'm trying to log into I'm trying to log into my EA count. It should be the same login for every game I would think. But what stupid about it is after you click on any game that you have it then says you have to log into your EA account which is stupid because that's exactly what I'm trying to do like I get told to click on this link to recover my EA account  but in order to do anything after I click on that link I have to log into my ear account it's pointless try it. Try searching up anything of how to do anything on that website you put and you'll see that you have to login. How are you supposed to access login support if you have to login for it kind of defeats the whole purpose 

Message 36 of 42 (395 Views)

Re: Account recovery

★★★ Newbie

right like you click on some link that says click on here and we will help you log into your account so you do that and then it says that in order to access help you have to login. Like if I'm trying to login and I go to the section that supposed to help me to login but I have to login to get that help that defeats the whole purpose of it don't you think. 

Message 37 of 42 (395 Views)

Community Manager

@mjsafley25 

I know when you're trying to troubleshoot account issues and it's not going your way it can be frustrating. Have you tried reaching out to our Support team to verify with them the PSN ID/Xbox Gamertag you're trying to login to so they can confirm you're resetting the password on the correct account?

EA Help on Twitter

https://twitter.com/EAHelp

Live-Support

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

Blueberry.png
Message 38 of 42 (391 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I redownloaded Apex Legends last night one my xbox series s only to be greeted with a "It's been awhile, please reset your account password." The email was an email i've never even seen before.

When i went to the online chat team i tried 3 different times and i didn't get the help i needed. How am I supposed to know information of an email account that i've never seen before? It's impossible. 

Message 39 of 42 (372 Views)

Community Manager

@StrangeJace 

Sounds like a couple scenarios here.

One is you used an email address a long time ago when you originally created your account. In the past there weren't any email verification checks so sadly some people even used fake email addresses just so they can get through the process to play. 

The other situation is your account may have been hijacked by someone that gained access to your information and updated the email address to a different one. 

We have a process in place to help assist our customers under both these situations. Please select this link below which will bring you to our website to start the account recovery process. To recover your account and update your account details, we'll have to have you answer some questions to help verify you are indeed the rightful owner of the account.

https://help.ea.com/en/help/account/im-locked-out-of-my-ea-account/

Please let us know if you have any questions. We take account security very seriously, thus our forum team can't discuss specific account information but we'll do our best to point you in the right direction to get this fixed. 

Blueberry.png
Message 40 of 42 (356 Views)