Stuttering no matter what i set the graphics to

by xxlordocelotxx

Original Post

Highlighted

Stuttering no matter what i set the graphics to

★ Guide

i'm having stuttering and choppy audio in game, the menus work fine most of the time but even they stutter on occasion. I've tried lowering the graphics settings down to the point everything thing is set at lowest and it makes no difference at all. i've also tried repairing the game, re-downloading the game, changing the priority to high/realtime, did a clean install of the latest nvidia drivers, set my graphics card to max performance, tried every combo of v-sync from the game and the nvidia control panel, overclocked and underclocked it, restarted my pc several times and i've also tried other games and there performance is as good as ever. i out of ideas as for what to do next, any help would be much appreciated. 

Also locking the game to 60 fps doesn't help either...

My Specs

Windows 10

I-5 6600k

1070 GTX

16GB

SSD (133 GB Currently Free)

Message 1 of 522 (18,504 Views)

Re: Stuttering no matter what i set the graphics to

★★★★★ Novice
@xxlordocelotxx Having the same exact problem. Been working on it the past couple hours. Tried the same combo of settings, tried turning V-Sync off in game and on in the nvidia control panel. Tried all settings on low/off.

Also reverted back to an older driver to see if that was the issue and I'm still having the same issue of stuttering, audio stuttering and sometimes hard freezes.

Specs
Windows 10 64 bit
i5 - 6600k
16GB Ram
2080 RTX
Samsung SSD
Message 2 of 522 (18,437 Views)

Community Manager

@CJVol10 @xxlordocelotxx 

Do you both have Origin In-Game disabled under your Origin client's Application Settings? Do you have other overlays running while this is happening?

Try going to the game's folder on your PC and right-click on the .exe file to select Properties>Compatibility>Disable Fullscreen optimizations. That can help with stuttering. 

Do you have bluetooth headphones? That's actually caused some input lag for some players in the past when it's enabled on the PC.

Another good way to see if it's a program running in the background causing this is to perform a clean boot and then immediately launch Origin as administrator. Can you both get back to us to see if that helps out at all?

How to Clean Boot your PC

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

Blueberry.png
Message 3 of 522 (18,393 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

just tried with origins in game off and in admin mode and it didn't help at all. my pc doesnt even have bluetooth so cant be that and there's definitely nothing taking much cpu and the cpu usage for the most part stays between 70 and 80 percent usage. also tried disabling Fullscreen optimizations and it had zero effect..

Message 4 of 522 (18,379 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Just got done doing all the above with not much change if at any.

I disabled Origin In-Game and tried it, still stuttering. 

I had actually already done step 2 before posting.

I do have a wireless headset (Astro A50) but through my own troubleshooting, I unplugged it completely from the computer and tried it with no sound. Still stuttering and freezing.

I just got done with the clean boot, no luck either. 

It's really strange because the menus are smooth and sound fine. but as soon as you get into the game, whether its practice, pro bowl, or play now it just stutters like crazy.

Message 5 of 522 (18,372 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have the exact same problem. Using a GTX 1070 with the latest drivers.

Message 6 of 522 (18,346 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I have the same issue and quite a few people I've talked to do too, this needs to be addressed the games unplayable.

Message 7 of 522 (18,310 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Me too, game unplayable at the moment, hope the fix this soon

Message 8 of 522 (18,296 Views)

★ Apprentice

I habe the Samen issues. Tried everything and nothing helped.

My spec:

Windows 10 64 bit (1903)

SSD

I5 - 4560k

16 GB

GTX1070

Message 9 of 522 (18,253 Views)

Community Manager

Thank you all for responding. Can you all attach a DxDiag so we can gather info for the team?

How to Pull a DxDiag

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Blueberry.png
Message 10 of 522 (18,248 Views)