PC wired Xbox controller disconnecting Madden 20 Origin

by WICKEDPISSAH1

Original Post

Accepted Solution

PC wired Xbox controller disconnecting Madden 20 Origin

★★★★ Novice

I'm getting drops of my wired xbox controller to the PC during the Madden 20 game on Origin.   Reconnect the controller, picks up.   After few minutes, drops it again.  

Message 1 of 6 (1,380 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't use the XboxOne Controller in game after menu. Just keyboard

Community Manager

@KOJoteTM 

Moved your post over here. Have you tried right-clicking on the game in Origin and selecting "repair" to see if that has any effect? Double-check your Xbox One driver on the PC to make sure it's updated and if there are any other devices attached aside from the mouse, keyboard, headset, try removing them. 

Blueberry.png

View in thread

Message 6 of 6 (1,299 Views)

All Replies

Re: PC wired Xbox controller disconnecting Madden 20 Origin

Community Manager

@WICKEDPISSAH1 

Try right-clicking on the game in Origin and select "Repair" to see if that helps. (Game must be closed down)

Are you using any overlays at all like Discord or Origin In-Game? (Origin In-game can be disabled from the Origin client's Application Settings)

It could be driver related too, try checking to see if you have any Windows Updates pending to be installed. Search "Windows Updates" in the desktop search bar to check for pending updates.

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 6 (1,369 Views)

PC - Xbox Wireless Controller and Wired Controller Wont Work

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I use Origin Premium on PC, downloaded Madden 20 and the game does not recognise either my wireless controller or my wired controller. I can only use keyboard.

Madden 19 was 'plug and play', no hassles and just worked straight away. Madden 20 my controllers are not recognised at all.

Tried this to no avail also: https://support.xbox.com/en-IE/xbox-on-windows/accessories/connect-xbox-one-controller-to-pc

Message 3 of 6 (1,363 Views)

Re: PC - Xbox Wireless Controller and Wired Controller Wont Work

Community Manager

@DokkenRokken 

What specific type of controller are you using and can you attach a DxDiag for us please?

How to Pull a DxDiag

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Blueberry.png
Message 4 of 6 (1,337 Views)

Can't use the XboxOne Controller in game after menu. Just keyboard

★★★ Newbie

I can't switch to just using my Xbox One controller, everytime I switch the game freezes. I can navigate the homescreen but as soon as I select something I can only use keyboard.

Message 5 of 6 (1,335 Views)

Re: Can't use the XboxOne Controller in game after menu. Just keyboard

Community Manager

@KOJoteTM 

Moved your post over here. Have you tried right-clicking on the game in Origin and selecting "repair" to see if that has any effect? Double-check your Xbox One driver on the PC to make sure it's updated and if there are any other devices attached aside from the mouse, keyboard, headset, try removing them. 

Blueberry.png
Message 6 of 6 (1,300 Views)