Re: Online H2H keeps loading, forcing you to quit game, get auto loss!!!!

by dame614dogg

Original Post

Online H2H keeps loading, forcing you to quit game, get auto loss!!!!

★★★ Newbie

For the 2nd time in days, the online h2h mode where I wait for game to start stays in the loading phase and doesn’t lead to start of game. This forced me to have to quit the game and I find out that I get a loss on my record. What the hell is the point in me playing online to try to get a good record when 2 of those losses are for this ridiculous issue and more???

Message 1 of 9 (2,993 Views)

★★★★ Novice

At least 15 of my losses are from this issue...it sucks but  I didn’t seem to get any support when I reached out to EA. Doesn’t seem like a priority issue but maybe they can speak to it if that’s changed. To me it shouldn’t give you a loss until the second the first team members are shown. Then those who quit the second they see your great team still get a loss.  That’s my big issue here. They quit the second they see your team.  Just a workaround for matchmaking so people only play players they want. 

Message 2 of 9 (2,940 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yea. Forced quit is a different issues. It’s also a separate matter but necessity for madden to be like 2k in that 2k atleast categorizes teams  to match your team with teams that are close in overall rating. 

It does suck though that the season is really only just a quarter of its way through and it will mean zilch to play online when managing your record means absolutely nothing. Either wipe away my nonsense losses or reset my record and get it all issues fixed. Lagging due to madden’s issue and not my internet should lead to no losses for anyone. 

Message 3 of 9 (2,929 Views)

Community Manager

That sounds really frustrating. Which platform do you both play on?

As a heads up, when a disconnection happens during online matches, the person that the servers deemed as breaking off from the servers first will receive the loss. So in cases where players assume the other opponent is up to something clever, it could be a simple connectivity issue that needs to be corrected through basic connection troubleshooting.

Have you both tried rebooting your network and power cycling the console since this started happening? I have some steps below that are definitely worth a try (they universally help across all games, you'll notice an immediate performance boost).

Let us know what's going on, we want to make sure you stay in the games to earn those wins. We'll absolutely flag down the team if we're seeing a trend in these reports. Thumbs up

Try rebooting your network and power cycle the console.

Reboot the power to the modem/router

1. Unplug the power cable from your modem/router for 5-10 minutes to refresh the network.

PS4:

Power Cycle

1. Touch the power button on the front of the PS4 for at least 7 seconds (until the system beeps twice).
  2. Turn it back on after 1 minute. Launch the game.

Xbox One:

Power Cycle the Console

1. Turn off the Xbox One console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down completely.
  2. Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds.

Important Be sure to wait 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.

1. Plug the console power cable back in.
  2. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn on the Xbox One.

Clear Mac Address

1. Clear the MAC Address: From the Xbox dashboard select Settings>All Settings>Network>Network Settings>Advanced Settings>Alternate MAC address>Clear, then restart your Xbox.

Blueberry.png
Message 4 of 9 (2,924 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Mine is on Xbox one. I’ll try to reboot the power supply. But what makes it more frustrating is that in my case I don’t have an opponent to blame since I didn’t even get a chance to get to the screen where it shows the field and all. Happened twice out of like 10-15 times. Either way doesn’t make me want to play random h2h online anymore, unfortunately 

Message 5 of 9 (2,910 Views)

★★★★ Novice

My connection is not necessarily the issue as I’ve been disconnected while actively having connection on other devices. Its believe it’s happening due to madden server issues. I have business class internet and ive lost 3 like this today!!!!!!!! It was never this bad and my internet speed all day has been consistent when looking at my software.  I’ve gone to loading screen to the game rebooting itself without my intervention now. I sometimes have nothing going on or active video calls so internet bandwidth doesn’t seem like the issue. It just resets itself and I come back to a 0-0 loss. I was 6-3 one season and missed the chance at making the playoffs... kind of crappy. When I reached out before I was told that I was mistaken and wrong. As if I don’t know my teams record right before the playoffs. 😑

Message 6 of 9 (2,896 Views)

Community Manager

@MrEzeeE 

Did you see any improvement after a power cycle with the console and network? 

If you and @GODOF50CAL are still having some connection issues, send me a UO Trace in a private message (it will display your IP Address, so if you feel comfortable posting it here go ahead) so I can take a look at how your connection is reaching our servers. There is no doubt most people have strong internet connections, I'm more concerned with packet loss or disruption at a specific server site your connection is taking along the way to our servers. It could be something completely out of your control and this UO Trace can demonstrate that.

It's located in the link below. If you're playing your games on WiFi, be sure to run the trace from a WiFi connection as well so you mimic that. 

Basic Connection Troubleshooting

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

Blueberry.png
Message 7 of 9 (2,848 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I was plyn and dude gave up as I waited for it to load to the main screen it took forever I closed the game went bk to check my record and was rewarded with an L" And today some bum with cheap internet service was disconnected and lucky me  I was giving A LOST!!! MADDEN FLAT OUT SUCKS THEY HUSTLED EVERYONE TO PUT THEIR EFFORT MORE INTO THE PS5 VERSION WHICH WILL BE AZZ;(

Message 8 of 9 (2,551 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Explain how this is even allowed to happen. I’m clearly winning, it says player disconnected or whatever prompt pops up when players quit and then I get handed a loss up by two Teddies !?!?!?

Message 9 of 9 (1,662 Views)