ORIGIN - MADDEN - PS4 CONTROLLER SUPPORT ISSUE (AFTER PATCH)

by MixMzz1

Original Post

Accepted Solution

ORIGIN - MADDEN - PS4 CONTROLLER SUPPORT ISSUE (AFTER PATCH)

★ Novice

A bunch of friends and I bought the early access for Madden 20. We all have computers that can easily run Madden and all drivers are updated. 
We played Madden 19 last year and experienced no problems using a PS4 remote that we all used Inputmapper for to map it as a 360 controller. This is common knowledge, yes. 

There was a patch rolled out recently (maybe a couple days after the release of the game) and immediately after this update, the mapping of the controller for PS4 is bugged. 

This is absolutely caused by the update. I have deleted the patch file and restarted the game and everything worked fine relating to the controller but the game would crash, likely because of not having the patch files running.

Many others are experiencing this same problem. If you look on reddit, it is very prevalent there, and I have seen a couple forums elsewhere as well. My friends and I have tried EVERYTHING to somehow make a solution for this issue. 
Restarted computer, using different applications for mapping the controller, repairing the game files, uninstalled the game and reinstalled, using the game from the steam library with PS4 configuration for controller, Updated all drivers, testing multiple controllers and cords, unplugging and re-plugging everything, and various other methods from YouTube and Reddit. 

Point being, the issue is caused by the update as it was not a problem prior to it. 
So, I am wondering when/HOPEFULLY there will be a new patch to PLEASE fix this issue as all we wanted to do is play Madden on the PC together. 
This wasn't a problem and now it is which is sad. 

The issue seems to be on EA's side (no surprise), not Origin. So, I am here wondering if or when anything will be done?

Thanks for reading and listening!

I am posting this on each thread to get more notice.

Message 5 of 13 (2,591 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: ORIGIN - MADDEN - PS4 CONTROLLER SUPPORT ISSUE (AFTER PATCH)

★★★★ Novice

Ok, got it figured out. Start up ds4 before you start the game. Keep the controller unplugged, start game and select game mode, then plug controller in. Works for me like this now. Still a PIA but better than nothing.

View in thread

Message 7 of 13 (2,548 Views)

All Replies

Problems with ps4 controller on pc

★★★ Novice

I have the game on PC, and i played the first 7 hours of the trial with my PS4 controller, but after that last update, it suddenly stopped working. My pc does not recognizes my controller unless i use some external program to do that, so i was using the DS4 in that first 7 hours, so at first i thought the problem was in the program, but i tried like every other controller emulator for pc, and even without any of then, it keeps giving the same problem with every different method i try: The analog stick doesn't work properly and the A (or X) buttom is not respoding, and also, when i try to unplug the controller, the game crashes. I'm positive that the problem is not in the controller itself, because i tested in every other game i have both on pc and on the ps4. Please help. Sorry for the bad english, i'm brazillian.

Message 1 of 13 (2,717 Views)

Re: Problems with ps4 controller on pc

★★★ Novice

Please get this fixed. While you are at it just program the game to use the PS4 button mapping with the correct icons. Yes, I CAN play with the xbox icons but I shouldn't have to.

Message 2 of 13 (2,677 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

the PS4 controller doesnt work at all at PC for Madden 20 at the Moment ! In Madden 19 it was never ever a problem.... now i cant play and cant complete the early challenges.... for what reason i have Origin Premium Frown

Plz fix This ASAP

P.S. When you disconnect the controller the game crashes everytime

Message 3 of 13 (2,642 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Having the same problem, like you I tried a few different controller mappers and none made a change. Controller works fine in other games, and I was perfectly able to play yesterday morning. I was really enjoying playing again too lol. 

Message 4 of 13 (2,599 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Still have the same issue here. It was working the first day then stopped, update must not had some sort of controller support attached.

Message 6 of 13 (2,565 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Ok, got it figured out. Start up ds4 before you start the game. Keep the controller unplugged, start game and select game mode, then plug controller in. Works for me like this now. Still a PIA but better than nothing.

Message 7 of 13 (2,549 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It works if you start up ds4 with the controller unplugged, start the game, select the game mode you want to play, then plug the controller in and it's fine after that. It seems to be something with the main menu though cause when you go back to the main menu it comes right back. But I was able to play MUT for a few hours today again cause of this way.

Message 8 of 13 (2,542 Views)

★★ Novice

if you just use Win10 and not DS4 , there is a working Workaround:

- close origin

- add madden 20 in Steam

- put Steam in Big Screen Modus and config your Ps4 Controller there

- start madden20 from your steam libary ( it will start origin but ist important that origin is not started before)

Works like a charm.. still with the x360 Controller button layout, but with that i can live

Message 9 of 13 (2,506 Views)

PS4 Controller

★★ Novice

Any update on getting the PS4 controller working with Madden PC?

Message 10 of 13 (2,481 Views)