Mut more competitive

by OffwthurHEAD

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Mut more competitive

★★★ Newbie

Madden is only game who has never advanced over time .. it’s actually going backwards ad they don’t care about community because everyone is spending real money on power ups so madden will not change .. all of us complain because game sucks but always buy the next one thinking they fixed it .. mut needs to be fixed because it’s no fun trying to play in weekend league and teams have all 94 players and my team is a 85 overall so they run one or two cheese plays and beat me .. madden needs to put money into game play but they won’t !

Message 1 of 2 (327 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Mut more competitive

Community Manager

@OffwthurHEAD 

Weekend League is the most competitive mode in the game, so it shouldn't be a surprise you're facing top tier teams at this point of the season from the hardcore competitive crowd. The game uses ELO matchmaking, so it's not factoring in MUT level but skill level. 

If MUT level was factored in, it could be exploited by purposely catering your MUT team to a specific configuration to play users with lower OVR teams. Players with lower OVR teams generally are new at the game, because the more you play the more likely your team will be upgraded over time. If a player was to adjust the team OVR a certain way and matchmaking was factoring in skill level, it could result in longer matchmaking times or you playing the same opponent repeatedly because the criteria of finding a match is more refined. 

Do you play the auction house at all? Muthead.com has a list of what everything sells for, that way you can maximize your profits and upgrade your team OVR to the players you want on the auction house. If you're not tuning into Madden's Twitch streams every morning, you get free Twitch drops from that. I've pulled 80+ items that easily sold for 5 figures which helps boost my team up, all from watching a stream for 30 minutes or so and keeping up on the latest updates. 

Twitch streams are Mon-Fri at 9:30AM ET: https://www.twitch.tv/eamaddennfl

I'm not going to discount what you're saying though, it's frustrating when the opponent has a far superior team than you. It's going to be a little more difficult to win, but not impossible. What's worked for me in the past is to run the ball and chew the clock. Eat up as much time as you can so you both only have a few possessions. This way it's a tight game and all comes down to whoever can execute their way to the end zone in the limited amount of chances they have. 

Good luck in your next online game and thank you for coming to the forums with your concerns!

Blueberry.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (264 Views)

All Replies

Re: Mut more competitive

Community Manager

@OffwthurHEAD 

Weekend League is the most competitive mode in the game, so it shouldn't be a surprise you're facing top tier teams at this point of the season from the hardcore competitive crowd. The game uses ELO matchmaking, so it's not factoring in MUT level but skill level. 

If MUT level was factored in, it could be exploited by purposely catering your MUT team to a specific configuration to play users with lower OVR teams. Players with lower OVR teams generally are new at the game, because the more you play the more likely your team will be upgraded over time. If a player was to adjust the team OVR a certain way and matchmaking was factoring in skill level, it could result in longer matchmaking times or you playing the same opponent repeatedly because the criteria of finding a match is more refined. 

Do you play the auction house at all? Muthead.com has a list of what everything sells for, that way you can maximize your profits and upgrade your team OVR to the players you want on the auction house. If you're not tuning into Madden's Twitch streams every morning, you get free Twitch drops from that. I've pulled 80+ items that easily sold for 5 figures which helps boost my team up, all from watching a stream for 30 minutes or so and keeping up on the latest updates. 

Twitch streams are Mon-Fri at 9:30AM ET: https://www.twitch.tv/eamaddennfl

I'm not going to discount what you're saying though, it's frustrating when the opponent has a far superior team than you. It's going to be a little more difficult to win, but not impossible. What's worked for me in the past is to run the ball and chew the clock. Eat up as much time as you can so you both only have a few possessions. This way it's a tight game and all comes down to whoever can execute their way to the end zone in the limited amount of chances they have. 

Good luck in your next online game and thank you for coming to the forums with your concerns!

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 2 (265 Views)