Madden won't launch anymore

by Rayyzer

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Madden won't launch anymore

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Yesterday morning I played Madden and everything worked fine. Then later in the day I started Madden again but it won't launch anymore. The process gets started and the window appears briefly and then closes right after and the process gets terminated. I already cleared the cache and downloaded it again. When the game was playable at 20% the game launched normally but after the full game was downloaded the same problem occured. Does anyone have any other ideas I could try?

Message 1 of 28 (4,272 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Madden won't launch anymore

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Blueberry I got an update for Madden an hour ago and that seemed to fix the problem. I can now play again.

View in thread

Message 20 of 28 (5,096 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@Rayyzer 

We should be able to get this figured out. Which platform do you play the game on?

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 28 (4,241 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I play on PC

Message 3 of 28 (4,228 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same issue with xbox one 

Message 4 of 28 (4,219 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Blueberry So any ideas how to fix it?
Message 5 of 28 (4,174 Views)

Community Manager

@Rayyzer 

Can you upload a DxDiag for us so we can look at your system specs and let us know what steps you've tried to fix it?

How to Pull a DxDiag

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

PC Troubleshooting

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/pc-graphics-troubleshooting/

@dless66 

Since OP is on PC, can you please create a new post if you're not able to find a relevant Xbox post and label it "Madden Won't Launch on Xbox One" so we can separate PC troubleshooting from Xbox? Feel free to tag my name in it with the @ symbol.

Blueberry.png
Message 6 of 28 (4,146 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@EA_BlueberryI reinstalled Origin and the game. I booted into Safe Mode with Networking and tried a clean boot. I updated my graphics driver. I also tried to ran it as an admin and disabled Firewall and Antivirus. I ran Ccleaner and cleared the cache. I deleted the temp folder.

Message 7 of 28 (4,141 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@EA_Blueberry Im having the same issue on PC.
ihave a problem when I start Madden 20, I had been playing without problems until today, but now when I run the game it does not start, or rather it makes the risk of starting but it closes and takes me to the Origin interface.
I have deactivated Origin in the game, run as admin… I don't know what else to do. Please help.
I attach dxdiag in case it helps. Thanks.

Message 8 of 28 (4,133 Views)

Community Manager

@Rayyzer 

It looks like you could upgrade to the latest build of Windows 10. Search "Windows Updates" in the desktop search bar to check for pending updates. It's possible the game is trying to launch from the Intel card instead of your AMD Vega card. AMD Catalyst Control Center will let you add Madden 20 to launch from that.

Your Realtek sound drivers are quite outdated and we've seen strange performance issues happen that are related to outdated drivers, even for audio. Make sure those are updated to.

Did you download any new software or install any hardware the day before it started not working? My guess is that it could be a pending Windows update blocking it from launching. Your BIOS is on the older side, may want to consider updating that if you feel comfortable doing it. I don't think you'll need to do that though and that's more of a last resort step. 

Blueberry.png
Message 9 of 28 (4,115 Views)

Community Manager

@berbatovnine 

An update came out for Origin recently, make sure you full close down Origin and install that. Have you tried a clean boot yet to see if it could be a third party program running in the background conflicting with Origin?

How to Clean Boot your PC

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

Blueberry.png
Message 10 of 28 (4,114 Views)