My Madden 20 on my PS4 keeps on freezing for around 5-10 seconds while

by themooboss08

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Madden 20 on PS4 not registering controller button clicks

★★★ Newbie

In the middle of a game yesterday, the play routes appeared and when I clicked "x" to snap, nothing happened. I tried to time out, nothing. None of the buttons would change anything in the game. Then I restart my PS4 (the controller works perfectly fine in the home menu of my PS4) and now I can't even "Press any button to continue." It only happens in Madden 20, everything else is fine. Happens whether it's plugged or unplugged to the console. 

Message 1 of 6 (3,355 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Madden 20 on PS4 not registering controller button clicks

Community Manager

@JordanRiesel 

Can you try unplugging the controller charger from the PS4 and let me know if that helps fix it for you? 

If you haven't power cycled the console lately, that step can usually clear up weird game issues like this. Keep me updated!

Power Cycle

1. Touch the power button on the front of the PS4 for at least 7 seconds (until the system beeps twice).
  2. Turn it back on after 1 minute. Launch the game.
Blueberry.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (3,321 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@JordanRiesel 

Can you try unplugging the controller charger from the PS4 and let me know if that helps fix it for you? 

If you haven't power cycled the console lately, that step can usually clear up weird game issues like this. Keep me updated!

Power Cycle

1. Touch the power button on the front of the PS4 for at least 7 seconds (until the system beeps twice).
  2. Turn it back on after 1 minute. Launch the game.
Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 6 (3,322 Views)
Highlighted

My Madden 20 on my PS4 keeps on freezing for around 5-10 seconds while

★★★ Newbie

Whenever I play my game just freezes then resumes. It’s playable but really annoying. I tried rebuilding and retinitalizing my ps4 but the problem continues to be there. It’s like after every snap it just freezes and the game resumes in a bit. I don’t know what else to do.

Message 3 of 6 (3,112 Views)

Re: My Madden 20 on my PS4 keeps on freezing for around 5-10 seconds while

★★★★★ Newbie

I am having this same problem but on the Xbox one and instead of resuming the game freezes for 5-10 seconds then crashes completely returning me to the home screen. I have uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times now along with a hard system reset with no difference. The game literally is u playable as this happens in both exhibition and franchise mode even with just 5 minute quarter games. I literally cannot get through one quarter before it freezes upon a snap and crashes completely. Not only this but I cannot get through to EA support for a fix or refund

Message 4 of 6 (3,091 Views)

Madden 20 - snap the ball, game freezes, then crashes.

★★★★★ Newbie

Madden 2020 for the Xbox one has a serious, game breaking problem. When you snap the ball in any game mode, the game freezes for 5-10 seconds then crashes completely returning me to the home screen. I have uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times now along with a hard system reset with no difference. The game literally is unplayable as this happens in both exhibition and franchise mode even with just 5 minute quarter games. I literally cannot get through one quarter before it freezes upon a snap and crashes completely. Not only this but I cannot get through to EA support for a fix or refund. I have seen a few other people having similar problems but not seemingly to this horrific of an extent.

Message 5 of 6 (3,098 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

It’s happening to all of my games

Message 6 of 6 (1,649 Views)