Madden 20 keeps freezing mid game

by tw30909

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Madden 20 keeps freezing mid game

★★★ Newbie

Hi EA, I have been having this very irritating problem with my game. Ever since I got EA Access, my madden 20 constantly freezes mid game. The freezing has cost me games, and has been making the gaming experience horrible. Please respond and look into this!

Message 1 of 17 (12,090 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Madden 20 keeps freezing mid game

Community Manager

@ballinallday2004 

That's not good at all. Have you tried a power cycle or reinstall of the game yet to see if that would help? If you have anything plugged into the USB slot on the console try removing that (I've seen controller chargers causes crashes/freezes when plugged into the console in random cases). Installing the game to the internal drive rather than an external drive can help avoid performance related issues too. 

Let us know what happens. Thumbs up

Blueberry.png

View in thread

Message 6 of 17 (7,469 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@tw30909 

That definitely doesn't sound like the type of experience we want you to have as we head into the weekend. These steps below are a great starting point in the event games are freezing on you. We need this info though so we can figure out what direction to go in:

• Which game mode are you playing?
  • Do you have the game installed on an external hard drive?
  • Have you tried reinstalling?
  • If you're freezing in MUT games, try changing out your team visuals and with the roster tool set your team to best overall

Power Cycle the Console

1. Turn off the Xbox One console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down completely.
  2. Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds.

Important Be sure to wait 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.

1. Plug the console power cable back in.
  2. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn on the Xbox One.

Clear Mac Address

1. Clear the MAC Address: From the Xbox dashboard select Settings>All Settings>Network>Network Settings>Advanced Settings>Alternate MAC address>Clear, then restart your Xbox.
Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 17 (12,062 Views)

My madden 20 keeps crashing in middle of the game.

★★★★★ Newbie

My madden keeps crashing while I’m in online games. Like it freezes then dashboards me. Can someone help me?

Message 3 of 17 (12,022 Views)

★★ Novice

I’ve had this same issue in both offline and cloud franchise. Can play maybe a quarter and then the game freezes and sends me back to the main dashboard of my Xbox 

Message 4 of 17 (11,860 Views)

★★★ Newbie

How do you fix the problem on PS4 because my madden freezes either before or after almost every play and it gets irritating when I’m trying to play and it happens in every game mode. PLEASE RESPOND

Message 5 of 17 (7,531 Views)

Community Manager

@ballinallday2004 

That's not good at all. Have you tried a power cycle or reinstall of the game yet to see if that would help? If you have anything plugged into the USB slot on the console try removing that (I've seen controller chargers causes crashes/freezes when plugged into the console in random cases). Installing the game to the internal drive rather than an external drive can help avoid performance related issues too. 

Let us know what happens. Thumbs up

Blueberry.png
Message 6 of 17 (7,470 Views)

★★★ Novice

Did you ever get it to work bc I’m having that same exact problem and I feel like I’ve done everything to try to fix the issue. 

Message 7 of 17 (6,482 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@tw30909 I Crash when i try to Play an actual game Play,just Freezes and locks my computer up,I have to shut down my PC then restart,I have tried everything including re-install,my PC is very high end spec so should Tech be more than needed,Very Poor game and virtually no E A support,My first E.A Game and my Last!
Message 8 of 17 (6,078 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@rodneyjohn 

Can you attach a DxDiag for me so we can look at your PC specs to verify everything has the latest updates?

How to gather DxDiag information

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Blueberry.png
Message 9 of 17 (6,031 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@rodneyjohn I'm having the same problem. I know my rig can support this game. I play NBA2K20 and Call of Duty with no problems. I'm on PC, with 16 gigs of ram, a I-5 processor and a Radeon R7 370 video card. I ran the DDU utility to clean out the drivers and do a fresh install. I was able to play 2 games to the end, before the problems can back. I need answers here, if some one can help.
Message 10 of 17 (4,796 Views)