Madden 20 - Connection to peer has been lost

by Guitarkore

Original Post

Please help. Game kicks me out while trying to start online multiplayer match

★★★ Newbie

Every single time I have tried to start a online head to head match, while the match is searching to start a game it continues to kick me back to the home screen of the Xbox page. It boots me off the madden game completely. I just want to play online 😪

Message 41 of 69 (1,231 Views)

Re: Madden 20 - Connection to peer has been lost

★ Novice

Yo for real its annoying I got 5 losses without even playing really dumb. I should be 20-5. Take them 5 losses off my record

Message 42 of 69 (1,187 Views)

Community Manager

@Ajhoturnot wrote:

Yo for real its annoying I got 5 losses without even playing really dumb. I should be 20-5. Take them 5 losses off my record

@Ajhoturnot 

We're not able to make any adjustments to records but I want to make sure we have you avoid disconnections so you don't rack up unnecessary losses. Have you tried anything specific connection troubleshooting steps at all? Which platform do you play on? 

The more information we have such as your platform, what region you're from, ISP, and connection type the better we can understand what's causing this to affect you. We're always on the lookout for widespread connectivity errors and will notify the team. These seem very much like local network issues though based off the volume of contacts we are receiving and without any confirmed server issues from our side. We know when it comes to gaming, connection issues can be extremely frustrating, but we're here to troubleshoot if you're up for the challenge.

We might not be able to pinpoint the root cause the first time around, which is the nature of "troubleshooting", so we'll do what we can to help you out so we can get you back to where you want to be which is having fun.

Blueberry.png
Message 43 of 69 (1,161 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Blueberry This is a result of the players being scared of the overall on the cards its showing, they quit the game while the cards are up and guess who gets the loss???? I don't know if they get a win but I would doubt it. I know I get a loss.
Message 44 of 69 (1,097 Views)

★★★ Newbie

You need to fix this issue I get kicked out of every  playoff gm in h2h seasons  people  pay alot of money to your company  and it is the same stuff every yr please  make it fair don't let theses people  do thsee things 

Message 45 of 69 (1,087 Views)

Community Manager

@Umikerj 

If you get the loss that means your connection broke off from the servers first. I strongly recommend taking a look at these steps if you're seeing it happen regularly. If you're on WiFi, try switching to a different WiFi channel if your router has that capability. Going wired is ideal if possible and would be worth testing out to see if you have different results.

There's a UO Trace tool in the link below too where you can see how your connection is exactly reaching our servers. Sometimes, it may be something completely out of your control like a damaged server site your connection is pinging off along the way to our servers from in which your ISP will have to be notified about. The UO Trace results will highlight that. Thumbs up

Connection Troubleshooting

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

Blueberry.png
Message 46 of 69 (1,075 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

It's so insanely frustrating. I have 59 wins and 43 losses. A good 20+ of those losses were when I had the lead or was tied, and the game "disconnected from the EA servers." My internet never went out at any point during these events. 

I was just on an 8 game win streak and just had two back to back losses incurred due to this EA servers disconnect. In the first game I was up 14-10 with the ball and the second game 14-0 with the ball. The strange thing is in almost every circumstance: first it says the opponent is having trouble connecting for 10 or so seconds, then it says I am having trouble connecting. Then it says connection lost and I always get an L. It literally only seems to happen when I'm winning.

Is this a hacker of some kind? PLEASE FIX THIS. It makes me want to stop buying/playing Madden entirely, and I've bought every Madden since 2000! Again, this has nothing to do with my internet so I know its not that. 

Message 47 of 69 (1,032 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This has just started happening to me.  I’ve played close to 200 h2h games.  I hardly ever quit! The past couple days it has said that my peer lost connection and gave me the loss at least 2 times , I think a couple more.  These were all before the start of the game.  I am 104-71 and ranked in the top 22000 ish.  I’m not saying I’m good but trust me I know this was not on my side.  I play a lot.  I have 300 mbps internet hardwired.  I’ve played a bunch of games and it just started doing this in the past couple days.  I always hear people bashing madden and I usually because the are crying that they lost but now I know how it feels and it’s really upsetting.  I was literally just talking about my 104-70 record and started a game , it went to the arena and before it finished announcing the matchup it said my peer had lost connection 

Message 48 of 69 (989 Views)

★ Novice

In ranked draft I was 1 win from championship then when it started the game I got lost connection and awarded a loss??? I paid coins to be in that mode ,,, it’s absolutely ridiculous!

Message 49 of 69 (917 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I’m getting tired of that to I be winning the game then I get a lost on record everytime smh need fixing bad 

Message 50 of 69 (841 Views)