Product: Madden NFL 20
Platform:PC
Which console generation do you have?
What is your gamertag/PSN ID?
Date/time issue occurred Right now
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
Which mode has this happened in? Ultimate Team
Which part of the mode? Solo Challenges
Summarize your bug This is actually a bug across the game, I just want to make sure I'm not the only one having it. The controller is improperly mapped. Here are issues I've found: * Select button is permanently pressed down. When you press it to get help, it appears and disappears. My team calls a timeout after every play. * The R2 button doesn't work. * The right stick doesn't work properly. Up and down both move left. Left and right do nothing.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Use an Xbox 360 controller
What happens when the bug occurs? See above.
What do you expect to see? The buttons actually work right.
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here.
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card?
Enter RAM memory size in GB

This is actually a bug across the game, I just want to make sure I'm not the only one having it. The controller is improperly mapped. Here are issues I've found:

* Select button is permanently pressed down. When you press it to get help, it appears and disappears. My team calls a timeout after every play.

* The R2 button doesn't work.

* The right stick doesn't work properly. Up and down both move left. Left and right do nothing.

Message 1 of 7 (11,952 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

Re: Incorrect Controller Mapping

★★★ Newbie
@csuperman7 yoo i found a fix for me. I have a gamepad i use for a MMO i play. i dsiconnected it and the controller works fine now in all ways. idk if u have a game pad or some kind of hardware that the game could register as a controller but see if dsiconnecting the keyboard or mouse works.. hope this helped

View in thread

Message 6 of 7 (11,696 Views)

All Replies

★ Guide

I think it has to be a game issue.  Even with the controller unplugged, I have issues.  On the initial page, the first option has 3 "articles", the game constantly cycles between those, even if I don't touch anything.  And not cycle like letting you see them, but just as though I held down the 'D' key.

Message 2 of 7 (11,871 Views)

★ Novice

for me i A button was Right Trigger

Message 3 of 7 (11,865 Views)

★ Guide

I don't know if this will help you, but Repairing the game from Origin fixed that issue for me.  It still calls a timeout every single play though... :-\

Message 4 of 7 (11,853 Views)

Too buggy to play, no QA testing yet...

★ Guide

Again, disappointed at EA for not doing QA testing and using us to do it.  Timeout called every play, controller buttons work about half the time, logic for challenges messed up (first pass a 22 yard completion to OBJ, failed the mission for not throwing any incomplete passes).

Looks like another year without being able to actually play Madden.  I miss it though!

Message 5 of 7 (11,859 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie
@csuperman7 yoo i found a fix for me. I have a gamepad i use for a MMO i play. i dsiconnected it and the controller works fine now in all ways. idk if u have a game pad or some kind of hardware that the game could register as a controller but see if dsiconnecting the keyboard or mouse works.. hope this helped
Message 6 of 7 (11,697 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I found a fix to this.

Add the EA Launcher to your steam games list and launch the EA Launcher via steam.

This way (for me) it picked up the correct controller layout and config for my other EA games.

For me to add the correct EA Launcher I had to add the one called "App Recovery" with the EA logo when you try to add a non-steam game.

If you are wondering how to add a non-steam game, open steam, go to "library" and at the bottom left you'll see a plus button.

Press that and press "add a non-steam game" and voila.

Message 7 of 7 (5,095 Views)