Re: Impossibly thin "sweet spot" on kick meter

by EA_Blueberry

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Impossibly thin "sweet spot" on kick meter

★★★ Newbie

So in playing 1v1 games with a friend yesterday we both encountered the same kick meter issue on consecutive games.  The weirdness being the "sweet spot" at the bottom position of the kick meter was so insanely small it was impossible to hit it.  Even when it looked like it was nailed, the kick sailed immediately out of bounds.  What causes this?  I can't really find any other posts about it.  Some kick issues do mention custom playbooks, and we both do use custom offensive playbooks.  But would that effect kick meters?  The teams we used when the issue came up were Philly and the Chargers. It made kicking impossible.

Message 1 of 2 (380 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@DrewZ630 

The sweet spot is determined by the rating of the player and distance of the field goal. 

For field goals less than 45 yards, you generally don't have to go all the way up to the top with the kicking power otherwise any slight miss in the sweet spot area will cause your kicking accuracy to go down. For example, on PATs I never using kicking power more than halfway up.

Blueberry.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (281 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@DrewZ630 

The sweet spot is determined by the rating of the player and distance of the field goal. 

For field goals less than 45 yards, you generally don't have to go all the way up to the top with the kicking power otherwise any slight miss in the sweet spot area will cause your kicking accuracy to go down. For example, on PATs I never using kicking power more than halfway up.

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 2 (282 Views)