Can’t snap ball

by Nala11belle

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can’t snap ball

★★ Novice

After a play is chosen from any formation, the on field screen immediately brings up the wide receiver icon buttons and I cannot snap the ball, tried many different workarounds no luck!! Not a controller issue as all buttons work the rest of the time. I’m on PS 4

Message 1 of 44 (22,058 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Unable to snap ball, swap defensive players in Face of Franchise

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

It was a controller issue in my instance. Working fine after getting a new DualShock 

Updating thread with solution from @elaurant01 

Paired an Xbox one controller to the Xbox series x, it did an update and the wheel was gone. now all other controllers work now.

View in thread

Message 15 of 44 (26,873 Views)

All Replies

Re: Can’t snap ball

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same exact issue, controller also works, but I'm on XBox.  I have been trying to get the issue resolved over multiple days with EA Support but none of the troubleshooting suggestions solved the issue and they ended up just referring me here.  Any help would be appreciated.

Message 2 of 44 (22,013 Views)

Re: Can’t snap ball

★★ Novice

I’ve tried resetting the PS4 controller, I can still play Madden 19 just fine, it’s got to be a bug that some of us are still experiencing, as soon as I call a play, the screen immediately jumps to the receiver icon screen and no matter which button I press, nothing happens. 

Message 3 of 44 (22,002 Views)

Unable to snap ball, swap defensive players in Face of Franchise

★★★ Newbie

Product: Madden NFL 20
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which console generation do you have? XBOX One
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? KiwiCarebear
Date/time issue occurred August 28 2019/6:45pm
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
Which mode has this happened in? Face of the Franchise - QB1
Summarize your bug First game you play during the CFB semi-finals. Can't snap the ball as the QB at the line of scrimmage. Can't call timeout, no buttons work other than selecting a play to run. On defense, I cannot switch defenders.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Load up the game
What happens when the bug occurs? The clock runs out and you get penalized on offense.
What do you expect to see? The ability to snap the ball is important in a gamemode where you are the Quarterback..
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here.
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card?
Enter RAM memory size in GB 1TB

I'm literally spamming all of the buttons on my controller, and I cannot figure out why in the world it is not working. Please address this issue.

Message 4 of 44 (22,184 Views)

★ Novice

I just got sucked into buying this garbage game again this year. I cannot snap the ball, audible, or swap players on defense pre snap in any game mode. Iv tried on 2 different consoles and re installed plenty of times. Also spoke to 2 different people through EA chat and was told to report the bug. EA worst company in US for a reason

Message 5 of 44 (22,119 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@KiwiCarebear Were you able to get this fixed? I'm having the same issue
Message 6 of 44 (22,070 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Did you get this fixed? I have the same issue

Message 7 of 44 (22,069 Views)

Community Manager

@XCountry715 

When buttons aren't working one of the common reasons is that the game experienced an installation error or there is something plugged into the USB slot on the console that's causing a conflict with the controller. Do you have any dongles or other devices plugged into the USB slot?

Blueberry.png
Message 8 of 44 (22,051 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I don't have anything plugged into the usb slot, and I deleted and re-installed the game and still got the same result

Message 9 of 44 (22,042 Views)

Community Manager

@XCountry715 

Which platform do you play on and are you installing the game on an external hard drive? If it's external, unplug it and make sure any Madden files located on the internal are deleted. Insert the external and delete Madden. Unplug the external and install the game on the internal hard drive. 

I've seen some random issues happen with some external hard drives, so I'm not sure if it could be related to that as a possibility. Have you tried power cycling?

PS4:

Power Cycle

1. Touch the power button on the front of the PS4 for at least 7 seconds (until the system beeps twice).
  2. Turn it back on after 1 minute. Launch the game.

Xbox One:

Power Cycle the Console

1. Turn off the Xbox One console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down completely.
  2. Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds.

Important Be sure to wait 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.

1. Plug the console power cable back in.
  2. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn on the Xbox One.
Blueberry.png
Message 10 of 44 (22,038 Views)