CAN'T SIGN INTO EA ACCOUNT

by HHarwell30

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can’t log into EA account in Madden 20

★★★★ Novice

Can’t log into EA account in Madden 20.  It says welcome back but i dont remember the password cause is is old i dont use the email anymore so i dont  remember it i have tried all thing to come inn on the account and email again

Message 1 of 23 (37,772 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can’t log into EA account in Madden 20

Community Manager

Hey, @AndroeZz 

If you no longer have access to that email address and have no way of recovering it, please reach out to our Live-Support team so they can go through the account recovery process with you. Some account verification is necessary to protect your account and make sure we're updating account details for the true account owner.

Click here to speak with an EA Advisor

Blueberry.png

View in thread

Message 3 of 23 (37,737 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Novice

On ps4

Message 2 of 23 (37,749 Views)

Community Manager

Hey, @AndroeZz 

If you no longer have access to that email address and have no way of recovering it, please reach out to our Live-Support team so they can go through the account recovery process with you. Some account verification is necessary to protect your account and make sure we're updating account details for the true account owner.

Click here to speak with an EA Advisor

Blueberry.png
Message 3 of 23 (37,738 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Why the fudge is there not just another button so i can connect the one i use

Message 4 of 23 (37,730 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yo tell me why when I got ahold of an EA rep after forever she told me to goto a bogus website that doesn’t exist for account recovery. Tell me why you guys suck so bad I can’t change an email OR WHY IM FORCED TO LOGIN TO AN ACCOUNT I DONT HAVE ACCESS TOO. I made it in 2009ish and don’t even have access to the old email to get a new password. Let me guess you’re going to give me a link to your bogus help page that does nothing right?

Message 5 of 23 (37,662 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Exactly what I'm thinking just let me change my email.

Message 6 of 23 (37,034 Views)

Community Manager

@czingo5 wrote:

Exactly what I'm thinking just let me change my email.

@czingo5 

An email is a login credential. If someone was to gain control of your Xbox or PlayStation account, what's to stop them from now compromising your EA account if they can easily change the email? Owners of these accounts should technically have access to the email address registered on it, this is a security measure to help protect your account. You're required to use an email to login to a many other non-EA accounts these days.

I understand this can be inconvenient for a small percentage of account owners, but please understand we take account security very seriously. Especially in today's time when there are more reported cases of information theft than ever before. We take your account details seriously and will go to the extend to protect it.

Once you have access to your account, we advise adding login verification as an additional security layer.

I know this is not the ideal experience, but if you don't have access to the email we're going to need to make sure you're the actual account owner before making changes to the account details. Our Live-Support team will assist you with account recovery by requiring you to answer some questions to prove account ownership. Thank you for your understanding and hope you're able to get back on the field soon.

Click here to start the account recovery process

Blueberry.png
Message 7 of 23 (37,016 Views)

CAN'T SIGN INTO EA ACCOUNT

★★★★ Novice

Just bought Madden 20 for Xbox One after playing on it on Playstation at a friend's house. Going to have to return it more than likely since I have sent 5 web forms and have been denied each time without so much as an email. I've also been on the same phone calls 3 times after hour and a half wait times in which they say there is nothing they can do please fill out another form. 

Every time I try to play the game it asks for an EA account to play online. When it pops up it already has an old account that has been inactive and has an email address that has been deleted. I can't get one person from EA to delete or recover the account so that I can delete and link my Xbox to my current account. 

I AM EXTREMELY FRUSTRATED WITH ALL OF EA.     POOR SERVICE AND A POOR SYSTEM THAT YOU CAN'T LOG YOURSELF IN.

Message 8 of 23 (34,700 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having this exact same problem. I have submitted multiple forms and even spoke with an advisor while completing one. The advisor said I had provided plenty information to verify that it's my account. However, I still got another email saying they can't give me access.

I bought this game for the sole purpose of Ultimate Team, so the game is currently rendered useless. I would really appreciate some insight into what "information" I need to provide in order to prove it's my account, as I've become extremely frustrated with this process.

Honestly, I would prefer to just pair a new EA account with my PSN, if that's possible. I don't care about the old account, I just want to play the game I paid for... It's a shame I'm even having to make this post.

Message 9 of 23 (34,735 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I’m not mad at EA for having strong security measures. I’m mad at EA for letting me open a new EA sport hub account which I used form my Xbox live profile to buy madden 20 only to have it automatically link up to an old email account, which I clearly used to buy the new game using my current account. Somehow they linked my old gamertag (which I’ve had since joining Xbox live 14yrs ago) which I used to make the purchaseS with but I can’t select the same account when Madden tries to connect with EA. 

super frustrating. 

I talked to a rep and they advised to complete a form. I just want to talk to a technician who can help. 

in my case, aol froze my old email account due to inactivity, and to make matters worse my phone was destroyed recently (had the same number since like 2003) and so I had to get a new phone. 

there is no way to verify my account and I’m dead in the water. 

does this mean I have to let Madden go? I’ve had it every year since the mid 90s. If I can’t play the game online it seems the whole experienced is cheapened. How many others have similar problems.... looks like a good little group so far. 

Message 10 of 23 (31,977 Views)