★★★ Newbie

Product: Madden NFL 20
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which console generation do you have?
What is your gamertag/PSN ID?
Date/time issue occurred Aug 05 2019
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
Which mode has this happened in? Play Now
Summarize your bug The Accelerated Clock feature cannot be disabled; I have disabled this setting, yet the clock still runs down to whatever minimum time remaining is set to.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1: Disable Accelerated Clock in either in-game or main menu settings. 2. Begin a game in Play Now mode. 3. Quickly call a play in a situation where the clock is running (i.e. after a running play or a completed pass). 4. Observe that the play and game clock still wind down automatically.
What happens when the bug occurs? The play clock automatically runs down when it should not be doing so.
What do you expect to see? The play clock should not accelerate after calling a play when Accelerated Clock is disabled.
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here.
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card?
Enter RAM memory size in GB

Accelerated Clock cannot be disabled on Xbox One. I have disabled this setting, yet the clock still runs down to whatever minimum time remaining is set to. To reproduce: 1: Disable Accelerated Clock in either in-game or main menu settings. 2. Begin a game in Play Now mode. 3. Quickly call a play in a situation where the clock is running (i.e. after a running play or a completed pass). 4. Observe that the play and game clock still wind down automatically.

Message 1 of 16 (15,132 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Accelerated Clock Cannot be Disabled

Community Manager

@chameleon34X 

Streamlined Pre-Play, Post-Play, and No Huddle Experiences

We’ve significantly shortened the amount of time spent showing gameplay before and after the play. What’s important to note here is both the game clock and play clock will naturally be accelerated regardless of your accelerated clock settings to account for the time that would normally tick off while players are getting aligned. When using Hurry-Up or No-Huddle, the accelerated clock will tick off the amount of time it would take for the player the furthest away to run and get aligned in his pre-play formation position. These changes have created a faster experience and more time spent on the sticks in each game session.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-Information/Gameplay-Deep-Dive-Part-I-Superstar-X-Factors/m-p/7869875

barry.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 16 (15,101 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@chameleon34X 

Streamlined Pre-Play, Post-Play, and No Huddle Experiences

We’ve significantly shortened the amount of time spent showing gameplay before and after the play. What’s important to note here is both the game clock and play clock will naturally be accelerated regardless of your accelerated clock settings to account for the time that would normally tick off while players are getting aligned. When using Hurry-Up or No-Huddle, the accelerated clock will tick off the amount of time it would take for the player the furthest away to run and get aligned in his pre-play formation position. These changes have created a faster experience and more time spent on the sticks in each game session.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-Information/Gameplay-Deep-Dive-Part-I-Superstar-X-Factors/m-p/7869875

barry.png
Message 2 of 16 (15,102 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Barry Thank you!
Message 3 of 16 (15,088 Views)

Accelerated Play Clock not responding to settings changes

★★★ Newbie

Product: Madden NFL 20
Platform:PC
Which console generation do you have?
What is your gamertag/PSN ID?
Date/time issue occurred 8/6/2019 5:15pm
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
Which mode has this happened in? Ultimate Team
Which part of the mode? Solo Challenges
Summarize your bug It won't let me change accelerated clock settings. In other words, I set it to 10 seconds and it saves, but when I go into game it still runs down to only 20. I turned it off. It still runs down to 20. I set it to 25, it still runs down to 20. When I check to see if my settings saved, they are correctly saved, but in game doesn't reflect those changes correctly.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Go to "Settings" in ultimate team OR "Settings" on the Global main menu and set accelerated clock to basically any value different from the default 2. Play a Theme Builder game, a Legends game, an H2H exhibition game, basically any mode I've played in (haven't tested in Face of the Franchise which has a host of bugs by itself) none of the changes I made are reflected in-game.
What happens when the bug occurs? The game just behaves like absolutely no changes have been made in regards to the settings for the accelerated clock.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the game running the play clock down to whatever value I have set in the settings rather than the default which is 20.
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here.
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card? 960m
Enter RAM memory size in GB 8

The settings for accelerated clock won't change no matter what I do. I've tried restarting the game, logging in and out of Origin, anything under the sun essentially and no matter what I've done the issue still remains. It makes monotonous challenges such as Theme Builder absolutely excruciating because they take 10-15 minutes longer than they should because of this glitch/bug. 

What I'd be looking for in response to this report or question is a way to make the game reflect whatever settings I've made. In other words, if I set the min play clock to 10, it winds down to 10, if I set it to 25 like sadist, then it only winds down to 25, if I turn it off, then it doesn't wind the play clock down at all. 

Message 4 of 16 (15,073 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Barry I've already seen this thread and it doesn't answer my question or solve my problem
Message 5 of 16 (15,027 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same problem on the PS4 Madden 20

Message 6 of 16 (14,969 Views)

★ Novice

They still take time off lining up as well as the clock runoff. Makes no sense! Our franchise wants to be in control! If the clock runoff takes up the time it should take for them to line up why are we still seeing them line up while the clock is running? We try to have a real gameplay feel, and in real life there is no such thing as the clock speeding up! 

Thanks for listening!

Message 7 of 16 (14,869 Views)

★ Novice

My clock still goes down when I disable it 

Message 8 of 16 (14,831 Views)

★★★ Newbie

What if we actually want to play the game? Then we have to deal with it. Why have the option to turn it off if we cant?

Message 9 of 16 (14,652 Views)

★★★ Newbie

No it’s bc no it’s bc your company is greedy and lazy to actually make a game that worth playing the mall details are what make the game not the gotta play fast and * out a cheap game to make micro transactions first priority fix your * I used to buy EA games bc they were fun not there buggy and all the programmers are lazy .... try being a better game company 

Message 10 of 16 (13,226 Views)