Unable to log into EA access Origins (Wrong Email) Xbox One

by tydun1

Original Post

Re: Unable to log into EA access Origins (Wrong Email) Xbox One

★★ Novice

I'm having exactly the same problem with FIFA 20. 

My old email address became unaccessible earlier in the year, and I completely forgot it was attached to my gamertag until I purchased FIFA a couple of weeks ago and put it in the machine. I got the message to say I needed to verify myself, and that the code would be sent to my email. Unfortunately there's no way of me getting that code. 

I've completed the account recovery form more times that I care to remember over the past 2 weeks. I've never known a process so convoluted and unhelpful. I've lost count of the amount of times they've sent me the message saying i've not provided enough information (tell me what info i'm missing for goodness sake!), spent nearly an hour of my day off on the phone to 'customer service' rep who was literally no help whatsoever, as she wouldn't say yes or no to anything. Case in point I have literally no memory of when I created my EA Account, and she wouldn't even answer when EA Accounts were launched to help jog my memory. I get that they have to be careful, but surely there's a point they can use common sense and say 'i'm clearly speaking to the person they say they are here'.

It was only today that I took a new approach to the form and finally got the next message in the sequence, the we need to send you a code to your console message. So far nothing has come through to my Xbox. 

Can I check, am I basically opening everything in the menu Settings > Privacy and Online Safety > Xbox Live Privacy? Where would I find the settings on my profile that I need to open up please?

The amount of time I've wasted on this in the past two weeks is insane, EA you need to come up with a more common sense way to deal with the problem. Am so glad it's not just me. 

Message 11 of 20 (2,835 Views)

Community Manager

@grandmastashi 

You can adjust notification via these steps on Xbox One: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/pop-up-notifications

Blueberry.png
Message 12 of 20 (2,818 Views)

★★ Novice

I have had the same problem for 2 months. Strange situation. Support from India is the worst in the world. For every question about privacy settings or where the code should appear - they reply that they have sent the code. Tragedy! AI from microsoft is better than these Hindus.
In my country support can't handle it, I have to bother with them.
I sent them information when I bought ea access, what I play and my achievements. It is stupid that when emails change in xbox they are not updated in the ea access database.
The process is tragic and hopeless. I am honestly fed up with this sh****

Message 13 of 20 (2,790 Views)

★ Novice

Could you tell me how you recieved the code to your console?? We are having exactly the same problem with EA. We are recieving the message from EA but when we open it there is no code??? 

Message 14 of 20 (2,707 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having same problem for almost a month cannot login or play online on any of my ea games .madden 20 fifa 20. Asks me to verify account and never receive an email or SMS I've tried over 100 times. Sent in over 20 emails to them an I get nothing  in return. Its ridiculous I buy games and cant play them . EA customer service is horrendous.  

Message 15 of 20 (2,389 Views)

Community Manager

@GeorgeChudge wrote:

I am having same problem for almost a month cannot login or play online on any of my ea games .madden 20 fifa 20. Asks me to verify account and never receive an email or SMS I've tried over 100 times. Sent in over 20 emails to them an I get nothing  in return. Its ridiculous I buy games and cant play them . EA customer service is horrendous.  

@GeorgeChudge 

When you mentioned SMS, are you referring to our staff sending you an SMS or login verification enabled on your account and you're not receiving the code? If it's the latter, it sounds like you might have an old phone number linked to your account if you changed it recently. 

Blueberry.png
Message 16 of 20 (2,369 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@EA_Blueberry wrote:

@grandmastashi 

You can adjust notification via these steps on Xbox One: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/pop-up-notifications

@EA_Blueberry That doesn't help.

Message 17 of 20 (2,274 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@EA_Blueberry wrote:

@GeorgeChudge wrote:

@GeorgeChudge 

When you mentioned SMS, are you referring to our staff sending you an SMS or login verification enabled on your account and you're not receiving the code? If it's the latter, it sounds like you might have an old phone number linked to your account if you changed it recently. 

@EA_Blueberry That doesn't help, either. You're only proving the point of everyone here trying to find a solution to this problem.

Message 18 of 20 (2,271 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@EA_Blueberry wrote:

@grandmastashi 

@EA_Blueberry This doesn't help anyone.

Message 19 of 20 (2,262 Views)

★★★ Newbie

HI EA, I am trying to log into my account and connect my account to my twitch. Is there anyway you guys could also send me a console code? I literally cannot get into the email that is associated with my ea account because it has been hacked.

Message 20 of 20 (240 Views)