Product: Madden NFL 19
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which console generation do you have? XBOX One S
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? Farrell Kat
Date/time issue occurred 4/20/19
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
Which mode has this happened in? Franchise Mode
Which part of the mode? Cloud
Summarize your bug I go to upgrade my player but I am instead greeted with a message that says “not enough skill points to purchase this bucket” regardless of how many skill points I have. Ea help said it would fix itself eventually but two seasons later I have seen no change. I cleared my alternate MAC address and restarted my console and even uninstalled and reinstalled Madden 19 but still have seen no change.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play franchise mode and play as player. This bug seems rare and the few people who I have seen who have also experienced this bug have also found no solution.
What happens when the bug occurs? A message appears saying “not enough skill points to purchase this bucket” regardless of how many skill points I have.
What do you expect to see? I expect my player to be upgraded and have fun playing this game.
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here.
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card?
Enter RAM memory size in GB

Boop

Message 2 of 27 (31,262 Views)

Franchise Mode Stat Problem

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

My 99 overall quarterback has 99 in west coast, strong arm, and field general. My scrambler (primary) only lets be go to a 98. It won’t let me upgrade that stat anymore. It says I don’t have enough skill points to purchase this bucket, I tried it with 5 skill points before I ended up spending them on the other stats. How many skill points do I need?

Message 1 of 27 (31,268 Views)

Re: Franchise Mode Stat Problem

★★★ Novice

I have the same problem I am a cornerback with a 99 overall in slot and 96 in man to man and zone but cannot upgrade my player even though I have 18 skill points. I go to upgrade my player but I am instead greeted with a message that says “not enough skill points to purchase this bucket” regardless of how many skill points I have. Ea help said it would fix itself eventually but two seasons later I have seen no change. I cleared my alternate MAC address and restarted my console and even uninstalled and reinstalled Madden 19 but still have seen no change. 

Message 3 of 27 (31,162 Views)

★★★ Novice

https://youtu.be/qFil8XsIMC8

Heres a link to a a YouTube video with a guy who has the same problem 

Message 4 of 27 (31,157 Views)

Community Manager

@BuckYouOrigin @Lj1771 

Are you playing a Connected or Offline Franchise? We tried searching the Madden forums for reports of this error and came up short. This appears to be an extremely rare bug and feel that it could eventually resolve itself as you progress over time. It's likely we would have seen more reports around this when error like this lingers throughout a player's franchise. We'll get this tracked down for the team though.

Do you remember what you were doing just before you noticed this error so they can try to reproduce it? What year of the franchise are you in?

Blueberry.png
Message 5 of 27 (31,137 Views)

Franchise upgrade not working

★ Novice

Ok, I am playing the franchise using Devon Wade. The problem I have is upgrading.. I Have 12 skill points to use and tried upgrading Scrambler (only need one skillpoint to upgrade) when I click on Scrambler I get the error Message "not enough skillpoints to buy this bucket"  Anyone else experience this. If so how did you fix it please? T.I.A.

Message 6 of 27 (31,141 Views)

Re: Franchise upgrade not working

Community Manager

Can you all try changing the player's position to something else and then change it back to the original one before trying to apply the point again?

Blueberry.png
Message 7 of 27 (31,124 Views)

★ Novice

Hi Blueberry,

Can't change Devon Wade's position

Message 8 of 27 (31,113 Views)

★★★ Novice

I’m on the cloud franchise and created a player so there’s no real way for me to change the position of my player. Also I’ve been told before that the problem would solve itself but I’ve played another two seasons after I got the bug and it still hasn’t fixed itself so I really don’t believe it will fix itself. I was just regularly playing the game and then after a game I reached 99 overall in slot it wouldn’t let me upgrade any other skills and just says not enough skill points to purchase this bucket. Why is this message even in the game?

Message 9 of 27 (31,106 Views)

Community Manager

@elitus-night  @BuckYouOrigin 

Are you on a Player only franchise mode or do you have coach/owner selected? If it's on player only you can't change the position. 

Blueberry.png
Message 10 of 27 (31,066 Views)