Re: Madden 19 freezing on Xbox one

by nuttyforbucks

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Madden 19 freezing on Xbox one

★★★ Newbie

Madden 19 freezing during any franchise game. Usually during a replay, I hear a loud noise and everything freezes. I have an Xbox one.

Message 1 of 35 (12,804 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@allen592 

That's definitely not an experience we want you to go through in order to play our games. These steps below usually help the Xbox dashboarding to the home menu. If you have the game installed on an external hard drive I'd try deleting the game and reinstall on the internal drive. If you still need help in getting our game to function on your Xbox please don't hesitate to contact our Live-Support team as soon as possible. Click here to speak with an EA Advisor.

Power Cycle the Console

1. Turn off the Xbox One console by pressing the Xbox button on the front of the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down completely.
  2. Unplug the console's power cable. Wait 10 seconds.

Important Be sure to wait 10 seconds. This step resets the power supply.

1. Plug the console power cable back in.
  2. Press the Xbox button on your console to turn on the Xbox One.

Clear Mac Address

1. Clear the MAC Address: From the Xbox dashboard select Settings>All Settings>Network>Network Settings>Advanced Settings>Alternate MAC address>Clear, then restart your Xbox.
Blueberry.png

View in thread

Message 26 of 35 (5,308 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@chrisstonedale

Is your console in a confined space, such as in a closed 'TV cabinet'?

Are you able to play for some time when you first start up the console 'from cold'?

Are you able to play again if you leave the console off for a while?

It is possible your console hardware may be overheating.

barry.png
Message 2 of 35 (12,735 Views)

★★★ Newbie

No it’s out in the open, and no other game has given me issues. It doesn’t matter If ive been using it ex.( For Netflix or whatever) or if it’s a cold start at some point during the game it locks up on me

Message 3 of 35 (12,730 Views)

Community Manager

@chrisstonedale

Check for system updates and complete any available update: https://support.xbox.com/en-IE/xbox-one/console/system-update-overview

If the problem continues at that point, fully reinstalling the game is the next troubleshooting step:

https://forums.xbox.com/en-us/thread/3d8ada05-24ca-4737-9bea-a90be6ba0fe2

barry.png
Message 4 of 35 (12,723 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ok, I uninstalled and reinstalled last night and I just completed a system update. But had the same issue game freezes during the game, usually during a replay. Do I need to reinstall again after system update? 

Message 5 of 35 (12,698 Views)

Community Manager

@chrisstonedale

I would try just a hard reset before reinstalling the game again:

Hold the power button on the console for 10 seconds until it powers off, wait a short time and then power it back on and start playing again.

barry.png
Message 6 of 35 (12,651 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It’s still freezing up after all that

Message 7 of 35 (12,492 Views)

★★ Novice
Same issue. EA could care less selling a broken game.
Message 8 of 35 (12,349 Views)

★★ Novice

I've had madden 19 since the day it came out and barely been able to play the game. Whenever I launch a franchise or MUT game, it freezes then crashes. I've tried reinstalling the game multiple times, resetting my network, and hard reset on my system. Wondering if I am able to get a refund if this is not fixed.

Message 9 of 35 (11,964 Views)

★★ Novice

wow thanks for responding. That's cool.

Message 10 of 35 (11,672 Views)