Accepted Solution

DirectX Error when starting Madden 19 PC from Origin

★★ Novice

Madden 19 PC

AMD FX-8350

NIVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

16 GB RAM

Windows 10 

I'm receiving an DirectX Error when attempting start Madden 19 PC from Origin. It happens 100% of the time. The screen goes black, freezes and then the error appears.

Please see attached image of the error. I

I've tried repairing game, restarting, reinstalling drivers, reinstalling DirectX SDK, and reinstalling game, same error. 

Message 1 of 7 (2,756 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: DirectX Error when starting Madden 19 PC from Origin

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Fixed it.

All I did was roll back the drivers for my NIVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB to the last one.

I suspected it was my graphics card/driver issue because the DirectX error started happening after I updated said drivers.

I'm no tech guru, but it seems like a compatibility issue between DirectX and the graphics drivers. Hopefully, it's resolved with the next update.

View in thread

Message 5 of 7 (2,674 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Apprentice
Yep i also have a Direct X error and others too. Nothing worked (reinstall of Windows, bios update..). This must be Origin or a general EA error (heard it also in FIFA19, Battlefield V).
Message 2 of 7 (2,728 Views)

★★ Novice
I've tested other games. Witcher 3 and Splinter Cell. It's only happening with Madden 19 PC for me.
Message 3 of 7 (2,724 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Same. Try using BlueScreenViewer or WhoCrashed. WhoCrashed gives you more detail where the crash is coming from if you have a dump file. Mine looked like this:

Crash dump directories:
C:\WINDOWS
C:\WINDOWS\Minidump

On Sun 07.10.2018 02:09:26 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\100718-5437-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x1B0F30)
Bugcheck code: 0x13A (0x11, 0xFFFF8C8F88802100, 0xFFFF8C8F9AB8FD70, 0x0)
Error: KERNEL_MODE_HEAP_CORRUPTION
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that the kernel mode heap manager has detected corruption in a heap.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Sun 07.10.2018 02:09:26 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP
This was probably caused by the following module: nvlddmkm.sys (nvlddmkm+0xDD8BA)
Bugcheck code: 0x13A (0x11, 0xFFFF8C8F88802100, 0xFFFF8C8F9AB8FD70, 0x0)
Error: KERNEL_MODE_HEAP_CORRUPTION
file path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_54bd1f10ac116cd5\nvlddmkm.sys
product: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 416.16
company: NVIDIA Corporation
description: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 416.16
Bug check description: This indicates that the kernel mode heap manager has detected corruption in a heap.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: nvlddmkm.sys (NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 416.16 , NVIDIA Corporation).
Google query: nvlddmkm.sys NVIDIA Corporation KERNEL_MODE_HEAP_CORRUPTION

Message 4 of 7 (2,713 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Fixed it.

All I did was roll back the drivers for my NIVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB to the last one.

I suspected it was my graphics card/driver issue because the DirectX error started happening after I updated said drivers.

I'm no tech guru, but it seems like a compatibility issue between DirectX and the graphics drivers. Hopefully, it's resolved with the next update.

Message 5 of 7 (2,675 Views)

Community Manager

@SGT_Thelusma

Thanks for posting your fix.

barry.png
Message 6 of 7 (2,648 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am currently having this issue and nothing has worked to alleviate it. This is the only game that has this issue as I have multiple other sports titles that have not had this issue. Just recently, there was an update to my NVidia driver and this starting happening after the update. I am not going to roll back my drivers so if there is nothing that can/will be done on your end, then I will just uninstall the game and go in a different direction for my football fix...

Message 7 of 7 (1,174 Views)