Re: Franchise mode XP package bug

by ChiggidyChud

Original Post

★★ Novice
Come on man. The screenshot is clearly to show what happens when you try to submit the purchase.
Message 91 of 130 (1,752 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@jsstek@cwsteveo0621@hrf_kingduke@Dxpsman_2l5u59f@auberius

I have spoken to @EA_ShadowedSeraphim this morning and he has confirmed he was able to reproduce this new bug thanks to the info provided by you guys so thank you so much for your co-operation on this.

This bug will need a game patch and because the next patch is so close, this issue almost certainly will not be addressed in the next patch. [Edit - actually a small possibility this might get into the next patch]

I also need to set your expectations on this. Due to various factors such as dev. time availability, issue severity, prioritisation, number of affected players etc. there is a possibility that this bug will have to be avoided/worked around by players rather than being patched. That is not ideal and hopefully the bug will be addressed in an upcoming patch.

Thanks again for your assistance here.

barry.png
Message 92 of 130 (1,703 Views)

★ Apprentice

I'm not going to lie to you @EA_Barry it is nice to see that he was able to reproduce this, but highly frustrating that we may just have to "work around it." Traits are a key gameplay element to Franchise. Being unable to purchase the more expensive traits because of the exponential hidden cost makes using rookies and younger players almost unworkable since trying to afford development upgrades may take multiple seasons to accomplish. Some of us play this game exclusively for Franchise and are left with a game that is largely unplayable at this point.

I thank you and @EA_ShadowedSeraphim for you work and hope that you will keep us informed going forward if this is actually patched. 

Message 93 of 130 (1,696 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Barry @EA_ShadowedSeraphim Well that's probably the most frustrating and annoying news to date. I can't believe how one of the largest game developers cannot guarantee this get fixed especially on one of their biggest franchises. I want to know how to go about returning and getting a full refund for a game that will not be finished/ corrected? I do appreciate the work that was done to find the problem, but I don't want to play or support EA anymore if it won't get fixed.
Message 94 of 130 (1,654 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@ChiggidyChud

Please see the edit in my previous post. Thanks.

barry.png
Message 95 of 130 (1,651 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Barry I saw that as well as the other possibility. I hope it does. I'm not trying to be difficult, I just want to play my favorite game as it was supposed to be designed. Thanks.
Message 96 of 130 (1,644 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@ChiggidyChud

We understand and we're working on it. Sometimes despite the issue being simple the cause can be complex when we are talking a simulation as complex as CFM. As such EA_Barry and I want to be sure we're not misinforming you on how fast we can fix this. Apologies if the information caused concerns, we're just trying to be transparent and let you all know we are working on getting this fixed for you but it may be a bit before we have an update for you.

Hope that helps explain.

Message 97 of 130 (1,641 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I'd be willing to bet that if CFM had microtransactions, this bug would have been fixed a month ago. 

Based on Barry's original statement, it's probably safe to assume a fix is not coming.

While we all wait with baited breath for a fix, at least we have the ability to perform these upgrades manually via the "Edit Player" field.

Message 98 of 130 (1,625 Views)

★ Apprentice

@EA_ShadowedSeraphim Thank you. I know finding a bug like this can be hard. I appreciate your quick response after being brought in and your effort to get it fixed. As someone who worked in a live online environment I understand how coding bugs can be hard to pinpoint and understand the necessity of a "generic" statement to avoid making promises when things can easily go awry. Keep us in the loop as best as you and @EA_Barry are allowed to.

Message 99 of 130 (1,615 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_ShadowedSeraphim @EA_Barry good to see you finally saw the issue. I saw the edit to Barry’s post & understand that you guys are transparent but the second part of this bug is not something that can be worked around. (Upgrading traits & attributes at the same time without having the necessary hidden XP cost will result in a loss of XP and none of the selected upgrades being applied to the player) The second part of the bug completely ruins development so I hope it is address with the first bug because they are tied together
Message 100 of 130 (1,589 Views)