The installation of game modes in madden 18

by dwitty_20

Original Post

Re: The installation of game modes in madden 18

★★★ Newbie
Press pause when you on the main menu on the game and then go to info and it'll show how much of the game is truly installed
Message 11 of 58 (61,590 Views)

★ Novice
How do you pause on the main menu? That's not a thing
Message 12 of 58 (61,580 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Play the whole Super Bowl game. Problem solved.
Message 13 of 58 (61,571 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Play and finish the whole super bowl game. It'll solve your problem
Message 14 of 58 (61,571 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Play the whole super bowl game. Then see what happens
Message 15 of 58 (61,570 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Did you play the whole Super Bowl game or nah? Finish it and see what happens
Message 16 of 58 (61,570 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So there are a couple of things that could be going on, from what I can tell. It could be that the game just hasn't finished downloading/installing. The Super Bowl is meant to kind of gloss over that and get you playing while the rest completes. However, there are quite a few people that have to do a little more to get the game running. For Xbox users, you could backup and clear your saved data and reinstall. For PS4 users, you could clear your system's cache. Here's a good guide on how to do those things: https://www.gameskinny.com/m25xy/madden-18-not-installing-heres-how-to-fix-it

Overall, it depends too on if you downloaded that game or are installing it off of the disc. If downloading, you've got the download time plus the installation time, which, depending on your download speeds, could take literally forever. I downloaded the game at night. It said it was fully installed, but then when I got through with the SB, all of the modes were locked. Then I went to my notifications and found that it was still downloading and installing. Started it up the next morning and everything worked fine. 

Kind of weird this is happening because I've personally never had any issue installing games on the PS4 -- and no one that I know who owns one has had issues either. Hope you get it sorted out! 

Message 17 of 58 (60,910 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just bought madden 18 & its saying installing im sitting here looking at da features but I can play it 

wtf 

Message 18 of 58 (61,397 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I finished the superbowl game and mine is still saying the modes are installing. I did press start and the game isnt fully installed. I don't understand why I am allowed to play some of the game without it being fully installed, I would rather wait until all of it is installed...

Message 19 of 58 (61,353 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I'm having the same issue if you fix this please let me know!
Message 20 of 58 (61,297 Views)