Re: Share Play region error

by barrancoguest

Original Post

Share Play region error

★★ Novice
After successfully share playing Madden 18 with my friend for 5 months, we are suddenly getting an error that says he cannot view the screen because the game has not been released in his region/country. We’re both in the U.S. Does this have anything to do with the new PS4 5.05 update?
Message 1 of 11 (45,666 Views)

★ Novice

I'm also having this issue.  I'm wondering if it is related to the fact that I have the standard edition of Madden 18 and it seems that the PS Store no longer sells it, only the GOAT edition.

Message 2 of 11 (45,544 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
I'm the guy trying to share play with this guy^^
Please fix
Message 3 of 11 (45,538 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice
I finally talked to sony support. They are aware of the problem and are working on it. Of course they don’t know when it’ll be fixed. Been down for a week already.
Message 4 of 11 (45,528 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks for the update,  glad they are atleast aware of the issue I guess.  I spoke with chat last night, but they just gave me the normal troubleshooting steps even though i tested with other games and confirmed they are working fine and only exist on Madden 18.  Frustrating, but hope we get something soon.

Message 5 of 11 (45,522 Views)

★★ Novice

After many phone calls to Sony and EA, I have an answer. It’s because they removed the standard edition from the PS Store. When the PS4 looks for the game to make sure it’s okay for you to shareplay, it doesn’t find it.

But my friend and I figured out a way to solve the problem. Have the person that doesn’t own the game go to Redbox and rent it. That person needs to install the game on their PS4. Once that’s done, they can return the game and you should be able to shareplay with them again.

It seems that once both of you have the files on your PS4, it doesn’t have any trouble verifying that the game has been released.

Message 6 of 11 (45,382 Views)

★ Novice

We were afraid it was because the standard edition got pulled from the PS Store, it's upsetting we were right Frown

Thanks so much for the reply and keeping me in the loop.  Thank you as well for posting your workaround, very creative.  Hopefully my friend can do that soon and we can get back to Share playing Madden.

Thanks again for the update!

Message 7 of 11 (45,331 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Shadow of the tomb raider has the same issue trying to share play

Message 8 of 11 (43,687 Views)

★ Novice
@barrancoguest i am suffering the same issue with my friend on gta v even though we both own the game
Message 9 of 11 (33,643 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I’m getting the same thing 

Message 10 of 11 (1,417 Views)