Re: Severe Lag - Online Play

by byebyescrub-_-

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Severe Lag - Online Play

★★ Novice

When playing online...both head to head and Connected Franchise vs human player...there is severe lag making the game nearly unplayable and not fun at all.  There is a delay between pressing buttons or moving the sticks.  For example, just trying to kickoff is VERY difficult (field goals are nearly impossible) as it's unpredictable and the delay keeps you from being able to kick fully or accurately.  When running, making a cut has so much delay that you can't really make a turn to hit a hole or to avoid a defender.   Please get a fix for this...I'm assuming it's being caused by software running either on the Xbox itself or on your servers.  This has been ongoing and will force me to stop playing Madden if it continues.  

Message 1 of 5 (2,099 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Novice

https://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/news/2017/updates-and-fixes

They know it's a problem and working on a fix. Hopefully soon cuz right now this game is unplayable. This lag issue has been there since day 1 of madden 18 and there is still no fix. Dmz did help but whatever they did on last patch it messed it up and now having ur system on dmz doesn't matter. Still Severe lag going on. Every user in my 3 different franchise leagues are all having the same lag issues and we are thinking of shutting it down til they patch this problem.. smh

View in thread

Message 3 of 5 (2,306 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@jsouth5

Do you see this in all game modes?

It may be worth checking that your TV is in 'Game' mode as that TV mode is specifically used to reduce user input to display latency.

barry.png
Message 2 of 5 (2,081 Views)

★★★★ Novice

https://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/news/2017/updates-and-fixes

They know it's a problem and working on a fix. Hopefully soon cuz right now this game is unplayable. This lag issue has been there since day 1 of madden 18 and there is still no fix. Dmz did help but whatever they did on last patch it messed it up and now having ur system on dmz doesn't matter. Still Severe lag going on. Every user in my 3 different franchise leagues are all having the same lag issues and we are thinking of shutting it down til they patch this problem.. smh

Message 3 of 5 (2,307 Views)

★★ Novice

This has nothing to do with my display...it's the game play and controls.  There isn't a lag in what I see...it's a lag in what the game does when I press buttons and move sticks.  Please give me an update on the fix.  This is kind of silly.

Message 4 of 5 (2,061 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

It was just franchise mode but that last patch to fix the patch that was put out has messed up gameplay in ranked mode too. Is there any updates of when this patch is coming out to fix lag issue?

Message 5 of 5 (2,038 Views)