Re: Purchasing Development Upgrade

by codigo31

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

It is over charging for certain upgrades....had 35,438 xp...upgrade from normal to quick development said 15,525 xp. Should have left me with 19,913 xp but I only had 16,463 after upgrade so i cost 3,000 more then it said it did..WHY EA??? Its called copy n paste from 17 how you mess it up???

Message 11 of 30 (2,322 Views)

★★ Novice
It's ridiculous that we get the * developer for the one football game a year, and every year they put out a * unfinished product.
Message 12 of 30 (2,285 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same issue... experienced multiples times... I try to get superstar or increase dev trait first thing... please fix

Message 13 of 30 (2,225 Views)

★★ Novice
Same issue here too...smh
Message 14 of 30 (2,187 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice
It happens for all traits not just the development trait. It takes extra xp as well when you are able to make trait purchases. Some weeks you can buy certain traits before or after training or game. I have tried before weekly training, then after the training then after the game. It is random as heck and it always takes extra xp when u do it. The balance I have been doing is spending the xp on like toughness or injury then editing that player and giving them the trait and lowering what I just added to make it balance. Regardless I shouldn't have to do all this extra it should just work fine but we will wait for the inevitable patch that may or may not fix it and hopefully not break something else.
Message 15 of 30 (2,163 Views)

★★ Novice

The full problem appears to be that the traits are not showing the correct purchase price, and instead are showing a misleading number. For example, if it says Development upgrade is 12,000 XP, it's actually 16,000 that's needed. Once you get that higher number, you can purchase it and it takes that higher number (what that number actually is could be anyone's guess). Same for Clutch and all the other traits. Doesn't matter if you try and upgrade before the week, after the week - just that you hit the higher number. So if you assume every package is about 4,000 XP more than what it says, you'll be fine. 

What I do as a workaround - 

Wait until you have 4,000 more XP than the trait. Once you upgrade a singular trait, hit options on PS4 (or the corresponding button on XBOX) to purchase it and see what the new XP total leftover is. 

If it says you cannot purchase the upgrade, BEFORE DOING ANYTHING ELSE, make sure you take the assumed upgrade off, or you could lose the XP upon exiting. 

Message 16 of 30 (2,151 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Verduchi I agree. I think maybe the reason I was able to make the purchase was because after the game I earned the XP to pay the non shown cost for the trait. This is what I am seeing in other post. And this seems to be on PS4 as well.

Message 17 of 30 (2,070 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Didn't work for me. I'm curious do you remember the ovr of the player you upgraded when you upgraded his dev
Message 18 of 30 (2,033 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Same issue
Message 19 of 30 (2,019 Views)

Purchasing Upgrades Issue

★★★ Newbie
Wtf EA?!?!?! Plzzzzz fix this issue and other issues that's out there immediately!$
Message 20 of 30 (1,721 Views)