Original Post

Madden 18 crashing and freezing PS4 due to update 1.04

★★★★ Novice

Product: Madden 18
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which console generation do you have? PlayStation 4
Which mode has this happened in? Franchise Mode
Which part of the mode? Cloud
Summarize your bug Whenever I play a game of my various connected franchises I have a game crash a my PS4 freezes, this has only happened since update 1.04 came out and it has happened to all of my friends, it has happened a total of 5 times with me and about 6-7 times with both of my friends it only started today and it has deferred us from playing the game in fear of our PS4’s breaking, THIS NEEDS TO BE PATCHED
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play Madden 18 connected franchise with a player for about an hour or so, actually play a season game and do not sim the whole game, play the drives the game wants you to play, do not sit in the menus and it’ll freeze your PS4 at some point during the game and you won’t be able to use the PS4 until restarted.
What happens when the bug occurs? The game will crash and simultaneously the PS4 will freeze and will become useless.
What do you expect to see? A frozen PS4
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? pj_is_the_stig
Date/time issue occurred 10/09/17 11:56 pm
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here. Whenever I play a game of my various connected franchises I have a game crash a my PS4 freezes, this has only happened since update 1.04 came out and it has happened to all of my friends, it has happened a total of 5 times with me and about 6-7 times with both of my friends it only started today and it has deferred us from playing the game in fear of our PS4’s breaking, THIS NEEDS TO BE PATCHED

Submit
Message 1 of 14 (3,246 Views)

Re: Madden 18 crashing and freezing PS4 due to update 1.04

★★★ Newbie

Same here. It ruined every single one of my player career modes. This needs to be patched quickly. The camera seems to spaz out and is unplayable. Then it freezes and dies. I love this game I can't believe how bad this new patch messed up this game. It's unplayable. 

Message 2 of 14 (3,126 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Same thing happens to me also the simulation in game doesn’t work and often causes game to crash
Message 3 of 14 (3,121 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Overtime doesn’t work either
Message 4 of 14 (3,111 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Yeah same here, whenever I pass the ball to a receiver, when they catch it camera proceeds to glitch out and I can’t see the play at all.
Message 5 of 14 (3,097 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Me to and I can't even call for the pass the qb stands there till he's sacked
Message 6 of 14 (3,053 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Yeah my game freezes and then gives me an error code. The only response i get is to initialize my ps4. I’m not doing that for one * game, that ironically starts doing so after a patch.
Message 7 of 14 (3,027 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Crashed my connected franchise and deleted autosave file. How did a patch that was supposed to fix stability make it 2X worse???

Message 8 of 14 (2,998 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
I hard reset my PS4 because EA told me to
Message 9 of 14 (2,985 Views)

★★★ Newbie
And it worked?
Message 10 of 14 (2,879 Views)