Re: Madden 18 will not load

by anthonybwood1

Original Post

Re: Madden 18 Freezing

★★★ Novice

Before this gets buried in my response let me first @EA_Barry thank you for your response to this freezing issue. It eases tempers when the community sees the issue being addressed!

Update to Date:

I played another 3 hours last night (6 in total since the patch) and have NOT had a single instance of freezing SO FAR! I will continue playing and report back with my results and encourage others to PLEASE report back with their findings.

To elaborate on your response EA_Barry, I agree deleting saves could be a necessary step in solving the issue. To clarify for others the steps I took:

1. I deleted the game on my XBOX ONE and re-installed
    • RESULT - Still had freezing issues.
  2. I saw the new patch on game start up so I applied it. Upon game loading I deleted both my Franchise saves (Cloud, Offline) and started new ones.
    • RESULT - No freezing in 6+ hours of game play which was previously not possible for me.

@EA_Barry Step 2 causes me a little concern for 2 reasons. First let me say that I didn't stand to lose much when I deleted my Franchise saves because I only recently bought the game so I had only 2 half finished rookie seasons. I didn't want to recommend this step to others without being sure it was helping because I know others stand to lose much more progress than I. Second, if patching has already potentially put our saves at risk, are we to expect starting over more than once?

Message 31 of 43 (29,184 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Update to Date:

Noooooo! Got home and started playing and in 2 hours of play I have had 2 freezes. So I would advise anyone NOT to delete their saves for the time being! Freezes occurred:

• During an in-game post play cut-scene (I was pushing buttons here to help speed up the cut-scenes)
  • Loading my weekly training within season (Wasn't pushing anything) and when I reloaded my XBOX and tried to load weekly training again I was stuck (not frozen) in a loop of varying flyover camera angles after holding A to begin practice so after 5 min of that I reloaded again and had the exact same thing happen.

I'm at a loss now. I can begin to be more descriptive as to when the freezes happen but I'm running out of things I can test. I will keep at it and keep posting when I can!

Message 32 of 43 (6,331 Views)

★★★ Newbie
We are not even able to download updates. When it asks for us to insert disk it will automatically freeze when disk is inserted. Please help.
Message 33 of 43 (6,307 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I have an Xbox one and it freezes occasionally but I can always go to recent apps, quit and reload and it's fine. Since new update it froze and didn't show up in recent apps so I can't quit and reload. Nothing available in games and apps looks like a fix besides deleting saves or reinstalling.
Message 34 of 43 (6,265 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Just unplugged power from Xbox and outlet, let set a few mins(not sure if that's the console restart ppl were talking bout previously) and it's working again...for now.
Message 35 of 43 (6,262 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Well even though the freezing IS still happening for me, it isn't happening nearly as often as it was. I will continue to keep my eye on this and report back details when / if it happens again.

@sloshedchiis correct though. The method of restarting and deleting / resuming game-play is about the only workaround I'm aware of up to this point but at least it's something.

Message 36 of 43 (6,246 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Madden 18 will not load

★★★ Newbie
Same
Message 37 of 43 (6,061 Views)

★★★ Newbie

If anyone can please help us out I would greatly appreciate it.   We are still not able to play the game as of today.   

Message 38 of 43 (6,036 Views)

Madden 18 freezing

★★★ Newbie
The game keeps freezing on me while playing in franchise mode or in the middle of a game what's is the problem with this how do I get it to stop freezing and play normal or did I wastey money
Message 39 of 43 (5,973 Views)

★★★ Newbie
My madden keeps freezing I bought this game last month during a sale for ps plus members when the game was 29.99 on the psn store so everytime in game after a play it freezes franchise loading screen it freezes. I kept on deleting the game and reinstalling it but the problem continues I updated the application i initialized my ps4 but no result tried calling ea nobody answers can someone plz help meeeeeeeee!!!!!!
Message 40 of 43 (5,866 Views)