Madden 18 Franchise - Multiple Issues - Ready to Give Up and go Back to 17

by fdan4824

Original Post

Madden 18 Franchise - Multiple Issues - Ready to Give Up and go Back to 17

★★ Novice

I have already reported some of the these via the bug tracking and plan to submit more. I am just VERY disappointed with the game  play and glitches of Madden 18 Franchise Mode.

• When I loaded the Dallas Cowboys to start at the beginning of the season, multiple players were added to the Injured Reserve for 29 weeks, such as Rico Gathers and Anthony Hitchens who aren't out for the season.
  • Also, when I started on week 1 of the season, the Practice wouldn't function. I couldn't cut players and I couldn't sign them from the practice squad. However, other teams could steal them away.
  • The XP Cost displayed for attributes is either incorrect the amount taken is incorrect. Clutch, Penalty Bias, etc. cost more than 20% more than displayed. You either get an error that you can't purchase the package if you don't have sufficient extra points or it deducts additional points when you submit.
  • In "Play All Offense" mode, extra points are a joke. High quality kickers (80+/90+ accuracy) miss about 75-80% of the extra points. I have quit letting the computer kick the extra points. If you watch it on screen, it looks like they are kicking the extra point from the 35 instead of the 15.
  • Also, in "Play All Offense" mode, many plays don't appear in the graphic. Suddenly the opposing team is 20 yards down the field and no play was shown (normal speed) to explain the position change. If you look at the list of plays, you'll find it, but doesn't show up as your watching.
  • And, it seems, they have significantly increased the difficult level of All-Pro Simulation Mode. In "Play All Offense" I have teams that are 85-90+ OVR for defense and they stop almost nothing in the simulation. I must score 35+ points per game (which is also far more difficult than Madden 17) to have any chance of winning a game. What is the point of "Play All Offense" if your defense is horrible no matter how high the OVR of the defense.
  • In a side note that is clearly a business decision, the removed all of the Singleback Big and Singleback Big Close formations which included many of my most successful plays in Madden 17.

Between all of the technical bugs and increased difficulty of game play, I am inclined to either quit playing Madden altogether or return to Madden 17. I certainly doesn't encourage me to Pre-Order the next release of Madden next year since this one has so many bugs that it is still unclear if they plan to fix.

FYI, I don't play MUT. I play for the Franchise Mode. Very disappointing start.

Message 1 of 13 (9,486 Views)

Re: Madden 18 Franchise - Multiple Issues - Ready to Give Up and go Back to 17

★★★ Novice

I have had the same issues and more this game is broken and the reason E-sports and MUT that's all EA cares about and the normal everyday player who made EA what they are today get left behind.  I will be so happy when another developer can make a NFL football game because Madden 18 is not and who bought Madden games before E-sports or MUT we the casual gamer thanks for nothing EA.

Message 2 of 13 (9,399 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Everything this guy has gone through I have experienced as well. You guys do weekly updates. Make franchise one of them.
Message 3 of 13 (9,348 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
All the same problems here! I can't remember ever having this many issues with any game. The franchise problems are really frustrating. The incorrect amount of points being used to upgrade traits and abilities and sometimes not being able to upgrade them at all are still my main problems. Nothing is being done.
Message 4 of 13 (9,319 Views)

★★ Novice

i feel you bro

Message 5 of 13 (9,174 Views)

★ Novice
The extra points being kicked from the 35 is absolutely infuriating. Not so much for me since I can opt to kick them myself but for the cpu. Nothing like a tight game being decided because the cpu goes 2-5 on p.a.t.s or laughably attempts 35 yard 2 point conversions. This game has been out for nearly 5 weeks and yet this problem that a community college coder could have caught and fixed has not been corrected by a multibillion dollar company.

In addition to all the issues in the OP's post I am experiencing another maddening (no pun intended) glitch. Since I routinely have to switch between Play the Moments and Play Full Game the game sometimes will just hang. The camera will pan around the foeld or sidelines but no controller inputs work beyond the Options button to call time out. However, calling time out or letting the clock run down does nothing. Sometimes closing the game and reopening it will take me back to where I was, sometimes up to 10 minutes of gametime will disappear after a close and reopen. And best of all, this sometimes happens at the end of quarters or at the 2 minute warning as well regardless of how I'm playing the game.

Again, this is bush league stuff a junior programmer should've caught in testing. The fact that you've been making this game for nearly 30 years and have let serious glitches like this ride for over a month past launch day is shameful. Get it together EA.
Message 6 of 13 (9,114 Views)

★★ Novice

I want to thank every one for their confirmation that I wasn't crazy (well at least not because of this - LOL). 

Also, for those who may not be aware a recent update fixed two of the most annoying issues:

- XP miscalculation

- Extra Points

Still known issues for me:

- Now the simulation screen doesn't always show up. Just the down counter and position indicator at the top of the screen.

- Attributes like Penalty Tendency and Play Ball Tendency still don't show correctly when reviewing your players or players for trades/free agency. Ironically, they display correctly during the draft after you draft a player.

Keep the issues rolling. I will try to submit some bug notices for anything we find.

Thanks,

Dan F.

Message 7 of 13 (9,036 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I am playing on rookie and arcade mode in Franchise on Xbox One. I'm the Broncos playing the Eagles and I'm on game 8 of the regular season. When I'm on defense, the Eagles will not hike the ball. I've tried going offside and calling timeouts and neither have fixed the problem. It also doesn't make a difference whether or not I accept the delay of game penalty.
Message 8 of 13 (8,913 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Quitting the game and restarting also did not fix the issue.
Message 9 of 13 (8,912 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

The extra point is from the 35 yard line.  That is where the NFL moved it too beginning in 2016.

Message 10 of 13 (8,839 Views)