Re: Madden 18 EA Server Issues and Connection to you peer has been lost for no r

by MattRaf20

Original Post

Madden 18 EA Server Issues and Connection to you peer has been lost for no reaso

★★★ Novice

I have attempted many different router setups and settings including; forwarding ports, using a bandwidth limiter, manually assigning ip addresses, to vanilla factory settings. Wired is not really an option in my house but I regularly get strong connection dwarfing the recommended 3.5 down and 0.5 up(typically around 50/20), including; 100% wireless signal strength, MTU: 1480, 0% packet loss, Open NAT type behind a cone. This has been a persistent issue since madden 25 for me at many different houses with different ISP's and the only reason I am still playing is because there are times when connection is seamless and I have no complaints. However far too often and this only occurs in online games, there is unacceptable lag that either leads to a full disconnect from ea servers but not xbox live, or making the game unplayable. Is this an issue with my location? Please provide me with some answers because it is really discouraging to not be able to crack top 100 in the weekend league because it is inevitable I will disconnect from at least 5 out of 25 games.. 2 weeks ago I went 16-9... with 6 disconnects.... this means that had I won half of those I would have been in the top 50 of players and earned many deserved rewards from the game that I absolutely refuse to spend additional money on because how of poor my experiences with their supposedly 'good' connection for multiplayer have been. This does tend to spike around times where I assume many people want to play. If that is a factor, it is clear you need to invest in MORE dedicated servers because I don't have these issues with your other games such as battlefield and fifa or nhl. Again this is a collective cry for help, you see the community answers, I see next to no responses to these peoples requests, and no helpful ones, is there any way you can cooperate with the ISP's and when we open a case with you, you can contact our ISP and figure out where the connection issue is. Because I have tried contacting both supports separately over the years and neither have been of any help when it comes to online connectivity issues.
I hope some of this feedback will be read and I hope it helps in some way.

Message 1 of 11 (2,098 Views)

Re: Madden 18 EA Server Issues and Connection to you peer has been lost for no r

★★ Novice
I have had the same issue with madden, I have been a active Madden player since the Sega days. I have a online record of 17-41 with 35 of my games ending in a disconnection. When it first happen I thought hey I am nice I am make my opponents quit, but I was losing a game by 10 points and I had a "your opponent quit the game message". I knew then it was me. I am not sure what the issue is, I recently moved, not sure if that is the reason why I am getting kicked offline. When i am in my franchise mode, or just regular online gaming. I have to take my system to my dad's to play my franchise games. I can not play from home. I have done all the necessary things, such as buying a new game console, new modem, new router, had my internet provider open up my ports on my router. This has been a major issue, if this isn't fix I will no longer be playing Madden. When i am drop, I never loss internet connection, I just get kicked out of the game. I can play NBA 2k18, I can play mlb, I can play call of duty online and never get kicked out. It's online EA games. I ask that someone can help me. This has become ridiculous and very frustrating.
Message 2 of 11 (2,059 Views)

Community Manager

@rundascoreupvj

Who is your current Internet Provider and what country are you in?

Thanks.

barry.png
Message 3 of 11 (2,050 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Comcast and USA
Message 4 of 11 (2,009 Views)

★★★ Novice
Hi Barry,

My ISP is Rogers and I am from Canada. Thanks for responding to the person who tagged onto my post and completely ignoring mine, cheers!
Message 5 of 11 (2,002 Views)

Community Manager

@MattRaf20

Apologies. It looks like Rogers can change your configuration and allow this to work:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Rogers-Hitron-router/m-p/6264451#M65

barry.png
Message 6 of 11 (2,577 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice
Thank you
Message 7 of 11 (1,973 Views)

★★★ Novice
I jumped the gun accepting that solution, I upgraded my modem, internet plan, disabled ipv6 yet still I am getting disconnected from ea servers on a regular basis. I’m actually about to lose my mind. All I needed was 2 online wins last night to finish 40 online wins before the most feared promo ended, proceeded to disconnect from my next 8 games, 6 before the kickoff and 2 while I was winning commandingly. Please look into this as I feel there is an issue with people outside of major Canadian cities, and I’m still in a well populated area. I’ve seen ea’s recent apology for this but that won’t help the last 5 years of trash I have had to endure.
Message 8 of 11 (1,763 Views)

★★★ Novice
Message 9 of 11 (1,640 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I lost 4 gms to dc to EA servers but yet I didn't dc from xbox live thanks EA I wasted my sunday playing weekend league but I'm sure u guys don't care

Message 10 of 11 (1,441 Views)