Accepted Solution

Draft Pick Limit (Message)

★★★ Apprentice

Product: Madden 18
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which console generation do you have? XBOX One X
Which mode has this happened in? Franchise Mode
Which part of the mode? Cloud
Summarize your bug When you reach 25 picks and you try to trade away a player or pick for additional picks you receive a message telling you that your "pick is no longer available". The message is not true and does not make any sense for the situation. I am all for having a limit on the number of picks, and I think 25 is very reasonable, but it would be helpful if the message said "Trade will exceed pick limit" or something similar.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Accumulate 25 picks and then try to acquire more.
What happens when the bug occurs? You get a message that does not explain why you can't trade for more picks.
What do you expect to see? A message that explains why you can't trade for more picks.
What is your gamertag/PSN ID?
Date/time issue occurred
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here.

Message 1 of 2 (6,939 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Draft Pick Limit (Message)

★ Novice

Yes. This is still the case in 19. 

One way around it is to just include picks of your own to "free space" on your own pick-stockpile for the year in question. In other words, if trading for  2nd and 3rd in 2033 and getting that error, throw in two 7th rounders of your own (which may also allow you to acquire slightly better picks). That may allow the trade to go through. It has (every time) in my experience.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (6,162 Views)

All Replies

Re: Draft Pick Limit (Message)

★ Novice

Yes. This is still the case in 19. 

One way around it is to just include picks of your own to "free space" on your own pick-stockpile for the year in question. In other words, if trading for  2nd and 3rd in 2033 and getting that error, throw in two 7th rounders of your own (which may also allow you to acquire slightly better picks). That may allow the trade to go through. It has (every time) in my experience.

Message 2 of 2 (6,163 Views)