Re: Continuous lag within madden 18?

by byebyescrub-_-

Original Post

Re: Madden 18 LAG!

★ Novice

Hi Kraelo, it is cballen86 from twitter. I have yet to be able to play a single game online on PS4 for Madden 18 without severe lag issues. So far I have only been playing online cfm games, and yet every one of them there is excessive lag and what appears to be frame rates being dropped. Here is what I primarily see when playing an online game on PS4:

1. Multiple times as soon as I hike the ball on offense for a run play and my QB hands the ball to the running back, the running back just takes off at a high rate of speed without me even trying to control him.

2. When trying to call a play or even attempt to make coverage adjustments, i am having to press the same button between 3 to 5 times before my adjustments take effect, and that is if they take effect at all.

3. Unable to even attempt kicking the ball because the kick meter does not accept my input when i press the X button on PS4.

Those are the main things I am experiencing and so it is making the online experience tough to enjoy. Right now thanks to these issues I am afraid I won't even be able to complete MUT Master because as of now I see no point in playing the H2H games needed for MUT Master when I am not even able to play an online CFM game without lag. 

I am not sure what information I can provide you that will help you think of a solution to this problem but here are my internet connection stats as of this moment:

According to the online internet speed test my download speed is at 300.92 Mbps and my upload speed is at 22.06 Mbps and then directly on my PS4 when I tested my connection just now my download speed was 22.3 Mbps and my upload speed was 4.0 Mbps. Also my connection from my PS4 to my router is hard wired via an ethernet cable and the distance between my router and my PS4 is 4 feet apart.

Just wanna say I appreciate you taking the time to read this Kraelo and if there is anything else you need from me just let me know. I appreciate you and the team at EA doing what they can to try and find a solution to this for us PS4 users. 

Message 31 of 74 (1,989 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Same with Xbox . 1 sec button lag . Can't kick . Kick meter registers too late . Scrolling thru play books takes forever
Message 32 of 74 (1,971 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
It's EA coz same thing happens on XB1
Message 33 of 74 (1,970 Views)

★★★★ Novice

There is no doubt in my mind there is a major issue for PS4 (non-pro) consoles.  Like an idiot I'm now paying $50/mth more for the highest isp service I can possible get 80megs and it still lags.  It is very disheartening and I would truly appreciate at least a response from EA so I know what actions to take moving forward.  This actually started for me when they did a M17 update around March/April, ever since then I've had issues with MAdden lag online.

Message 34 of 74 (1,908 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Ea told me earlier there is nothing they can do. They did all the test and that my end is almost perfect and that they never seen a connection like mine before online. They had me do a uotrace test and my packets and ping came back almost perfect. Then he started telling me a story about a Ferrari . That it's always gonna go 200 miles but sometime u can't go that fast cuz of rough roads. Smdh!! So basically he said it's all the 40+ opponents I've played have a bad connection and that it's not my fraught. Even though I told him that m17 and other games are not giving me problems. Every game I've played so far has been da worst lag ever.  This is the game itself and its frustrating that I haven't played one game yet that didn't have severe lag. I use Ethernet and my connection is around 250mbps. And like I said I reinstalled madden 17 and have had no problems but when I go to play madden 18 then the lag comes back. This is very frustrating.. please patch this issue!! There are too many ps4 gamers having the same exact issue so we know it's definitely the game.

Message 35 of 74 (1,788 Views)

★★ Novice
Still doing it to you
Message 36 of 74 (1,830 Views)

Madden 18 lag

★★ Novice
Game is still terrible and laggy
Message 37 of 74 (1,836 Views)

Re: Madden 18 lag

★★ Novice

It's horrible and online play is unplayable right now

Message 38 of 74 (1,639 Views)

★★ Novice
I hate this Madden!!! Yall patched the issue and then it was working fine! No lag for about 3 or 4 days! Then another update on Friday to patch the patch I heard and the lag comes right back. Smdh I will never buy madden ever again and make sure all of my people don't buy this * either.
Message 39 of 74 (1,628 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Same area same problem
Message 40 of 74 (1,608 Views)