Call for Pass and Catch Buttons not Working in Franchise Mode

by tonesthmn1

Original Post

Highlighted

Call for Pass and Catch Buttons not Working in Franchise Mode

★ Novice

My create a player in franchise mode can not call for a pass or catch an open ball thrown to him. I am able to hike the ball and when I run my route I am not able to press Square, X, or Triangle to make any of the catches. The face buttons work in all other parts of the game its just when I'm a receiver none of the face buttons work and the ball gets thrown my way and I either run into it or its several feet behind me. This started happening with the most recent patch. I also do not get any of the "pings" to press a button when the ball is thrown to me. Please help! 

Message 1 of 17 (32,060 Views)

Re: Call for Pass and Catch Buttons not Working in Franchise Mode

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same issue, it seemed to start after I installed the version 1.05 update. I have reached out to EA and they tried to have me remove my profile and start it over but that did not help. It has rendered my franchise player unusable until it gets fixed.

Message 2 of 17 (31,905 Views)

★ Novice

Having this as well.  It would be nice to have this fixed since I can't play my WR franchise without being able to catch the ball

Message 3 of 17 (31,833 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I can’t believe it is almost Janurary and this still hasn’t been fixed... so stupid. Literally can’t make any catching plays with my RB in franchise mode because of this. He won’t even run his route if I don’t make him. I thought it would just run the route and allow me to catch the way I choose. None of that, he just stands there.
Message 4 of 17 (30,708 Views)

★★★ Newbie
This is still happening to me. Timing snaps doesn't work. My rb literally will not run 97% of the routes regardless of the play/route. It's gotten so bad that i just run all of the routes manually because my rb just stops and stands there but then I can't catch 97% of passes thrown my way. Like he doesn't even make a play on the ball at all no matter what button I hit. It's gotten quite frustrating watching passes bounce off my helmet all game
Message 5 of 17 (29,228 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
So its March now and I'm having the same problem with my rb. Wtf EA? I'm definitely considering not wasting my money on the next game. This is ridiculous.
Message 6 of 17 (26,322 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Seriously, what an obvious glitch that is having such a profoundly negative impact on user experience. I'm not much into MUT so I usually only buy Madden for the Franchise modes, so the fact that this is still an issue is frustrating.

Message 7 of 17 (26,196 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Same here. Honestly, in total, I just don't like the feel of the game. The running and throwing mechanics are great, but defensive movement and control seems a little stiff. I have 15 as well. I still play it over 18 sometimes, because that was a generally well put together game.
Message 8 of 17 (26,023 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Wow, seeing such a game breaking bug live for so long speaks volumes about EA. This was first Madden I ever bought. It will end up last EA game I ever bought.

Message 9 of 17 (25,684 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
I also am having this problem. I saw YouTube footage of the connected franchise as a player, and thought it would be fun to play as a WR. I start my first practice and the ball either flys in front of or behind my player, or just dinks him in the head and bounces off, even if I’m holding catch button. The fact this bug has been here for this long is ridiculous
Message 10 of 17 (25,496 Views)