Original Post

Accidental Weak Advanced

★★★ Newbie

Product: Madden 18
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which console generation do you have? XBOX One
Which mode has this happened in? Franchise Mode
Which part of the mode? Cloud
Summarize your bug Advancing a week simulates the next game and there is no going back.
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Improve your UX - don't make it so easy to simulate a game or other similar actions. It is a huge blue box all lit and user's are used to pressing that button after finishing a game.
What happens when the bug occurs? I get annoyed, my time has been truly wasted. I quit the game and struggle to find the motivation to play it again.
What do you expect to see? Not being able to simulate games.
What is your gamertag/PSN ID?
Date/time issue occurred 5 March 17
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here.

Why is it so stupidy easy to advance a week without playing the game? I would have thought the purpose of Madden to play football?

I was busy signing contracts, changing the roster and a whole bunch of tasks in between games. Then, without realising that I had already advanced after the previous game, I advanced again. I was shocked to see that it was now the next week, my team had lost and I was out of playoff contention in the final week of the season.

It is just terrible UX and I don't even know why it is an option. You should at least have to click on the game and then have the option to simulate it... if there are actually any users that do that. A quick something search finds that this has happened to a lot of people and there is no way of turning back.

Message 1 of 1 (1,469 Views)