Re: AHQ Madden NFL 18 Launch Event - Week 2 tips and tricks for Head to Head

by EA_Eric

Original Post

★★★★ Novice
First of all check your Internet connection. Open used ports and stop every other Internet activity. Nothing hurts most than lags.

Second get used to your playbook and your play style. Learn how it works at some Solo Challenges.

Third you have to mix up your play. Make a rush here and there if you usually play with passes. Be creative.

Sorry for my english,
a german Boy.
Message 21 of 27 (706 Views)

★★★ Novice

For beginners alot of players tend to run the same formation/play often. If you can figure out a counter to that play it should be an easy game. This works two ways though so make sure to mix up your play calling. 

Message 22 of 27 (701 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice
My best advice is to utilize schemes with the tight end to drive the safety or line backer out of the middle against man coverage defense to have a better chance over the middle or to draw them away to create a one on one matchup with your receiver
Message 23 of 27 (698 Views)

★★★ Newbie
In head to head don't give up and quit so easy most people quit when they get down 10 but you can easily come back and win when down just toughen up on defense and run offense plays to get you in a groove
Message 24 of 27 (663 Views)

★★★★ Novice
On Offense You need to know your whole playbook, you need to use diferent formations in order to be unpredictable. There are very Smart players on head to head.
On defense you need to master the user option, and adjust if There are open receivers.
And finally play Smart, don't go for every 4th down play, There is always a chance to make a comeback
It's not easy but like Iverson once said "It's all about practice"
Message 25 of 27 (657 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Go for short passes in the middle. A lot of people like to use Cover 1,2,3 etc. Make sure you try out the run game and the pass game and see which one dominates your opponent.

Message 26 of 27 (640 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager (retired)

Thanks to all the participants. It was a tough fight, but we have our winners! Congratulations to everyone! We'll be dropping the packs on your account later today. If we're unable to find Madden 18 on your account, I'll reach out to you directly.

Be sure to also check out this week's tips and tricks category - MUT Squads for another chance to win!

Top Tipster - 21 packs

• jdog0825
    "Overall, the best way to be successful is to practice running your favorite plays in your favorite playbooks, and have a variety of different formations. The more variety you have, the more options you have when trying to score on an opponent, or stop them."

Runners-Up - 7 packs each

• DHG_BADSELF
    "On defense, wait to see the offensive personnel. If the offense has 3 or 4 wide receivers, pick a big dime or nickel. If they are using two hbs and you need to stop the run, use a 3-4 or a 4-3 to stuff the run. Just pick defensive plays based on the personnel of your opponent, and you will immediately start winning games in no time!"
  • dcboy88
    "Master running the ball.Once the run is established you have increased chances of the pass plays being extremely successful especially if your passes prior to the run have been shut down. Play action will be the best pass plays that will become available. Don't call the same plays over and over. The defense will adjust and counter. Never force the play. 9/10 will result in a turnover!"
  • menacespeed
    "I'd have a long distance passing play, where each receiver on the sides goes straight, as an audible. This is a good way to trick your opposing head to head player!"
  • randynmich
    "You're going to want to master the defensive side of the ball.  offense is fairly easy and simple to understand, but a good defense can win you most of your games.  first you're going to want to get good linebackers and defensive tackles, the tackles will put pressure on the quarterback while the linebackers will help you control the middle of the field.  i generally call zone plays and control the middle linebacker, allowing me to be able to manually cover the middle of the field while also giving me enough time to adjust for a run play."

Weekly Drawing Winner - 3 packs

• rayallen121212
    "My best tip for H2H is: make sure if you see your opponent is throwing to the running back out of the back field a lot, you should set a zone and put hard flats on your outside linebackers to stop those little check down passes!"

Congratulations again everyone!

Message 27 of 27 (2,286 Views)