madden 17 franchise requires playstation plus

by Catamok2012

Original Post

madden 17 franchise requires playstation plus

★★ Novice

Madden 17 on PS4 ... I've played franchise for 9 games, then today when I try to go start up franchise mode, it requires that I join Playstation Plus.  I don't intend to join PSP.  How do I play franchise mode?

Why was I allowed to play 9 games, and then prompted for a requirement to pay to play?  That's quite irritating.

Message 1 of 15 (14,841 Views)

Re: madden 17 franchise requires playstation plus

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

BharatThanks for contacting EA Customer Experience, my name is Bharat. How may I assist you today?

youMadden 17 on PS4 ... I've played franchise for 9 games, then today when I try to go start up franchise mode, game requires that I join Playstation Plus. I don't intend to join PSP. How do I play franchise mode?

BharatIt seems the game is asking you to get PSN plus.

BharatPSN Plus is needed to access any online game feature on PS 4 console.

youI don't want to play an online game. How do I play franchise mode?

BharatPlease open the console in offline mode and then try to play offline game modes

BharatYou can un-plug all the Internet cables from your console and then try to open offline modes

youYou’re saying that I should disconnect console from wireless internet access and then restart Madden 17?

BharatYes, you can disconnect the console from Internet and then try to play offline modes. Or you can put console in offline mode without disconnecting the cables and then try it.

youOk, back up.

youWhy was I allowed to play 9 games in franchise mode, and then prompted to join Playstation Plus?

BharatIf you were able to access it earlier then you PSN account may had plus and it expired now.

youNope, never had Playstation Plus.

youSo, are you saying that the franchise game that I had been playing is no longer accessible unless I join PSP?

BharatFor PSN console the PS 4 is required to access online features, however the early franchise mode are offline games, so you should not get this prompt when you try to access this mode

BharatPlease restart the console and try to access it again

youRestarted twice, with same results. 

Message 2 of 15 (14,801 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Its the same for me the last 3 days i was able to play franchise mode..and now im trying to play and its asking me to buy PS Plus...The EA rep cant even say or tell why you able to play so many games...
Message 3 of 15 (14,569 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Did this ever get fixed for you? I have the same problem when I got to week 9 in offline mode.
Message 4 of 15 (13,728 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same exact issue. I contacted EA about it and they basically said that apparently the game allowed me to start an online franchise even though I don't have a playstation plus account and I was pretty positive that I clicked to play an offline franchise. According to the guy that I talked to that means that my franchise is basically gone. I proceeded to tell the guy that they have an issue that seems to be happening more frequently and he told me that I was the only one that he knew of to which I forwarded him this forum. So yeah it hasn't been resolved and apparently wont be.

Message 5 of 15 (12,957 Views)

★★★ Newbie
This whole issue is so * stupid. You'd think EA would do something about it to fix the game but apparently not. I was having fun and then everytime I turn it on, you need a PSP account. No thank you. I've played offline the whole 9 weeks before and I don't understand why it's different. Dare I say I know why people prefer xbox to the PS
Message 6 of 15 (12,341 Views)

Community Manager

@Jhugh600@Catamok2012@doc_102003@jtwhita@deebo0389

Let me try to find some info on this for you guys.

barry.png
Message 7 of 15 (12,338 Views)

★★ Novice

Hey, thanks for the speedy response.  When can we expect some further information, 2018 or 2019, do you think?  I will be incredibly grateful as you keep us in the loop.  

In other words, don't bother on my account.

T. 

Message 8 of 15 (12,323 Views)

Community Manager

@Jhugh600@doc_102003@jtwhita@deebo0389

There were some issues last week that have since been resolved.

Can you guys please check whether this issue persists for you and let us know here please and thanks.

barry.png
Message 9 of 15 (12,268 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Still can't access my franchise without purchasing PlayStation network. Such an underhand way to get people to purchase PlayStation network which wasn't explained prior to staring. I'll be advising my friends to avoid this and it's Xbox for me from now on. Sick of this
Message 10 of 15 (11,712 Views)